1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[514] -Tj-'s Tower

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by -Tj-, Sep 27, 2012.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

• Didn't read stickies, no build number
    -Tj-'s Tower
    Build [514]

Hey guys, just wanna post my design of a tower, and i hope you guys like it, decription of circles below.

My Tower.png

Red Circle - Entrance up to the tower, also a hiding spot for archers when shooting out the door on the bottom right.
    Hot Pink Circle (My fav colour) - Traps if multiple kights or builders at the bottom of tower, one hanging from peices of workshop, other from a trap bridge(No backwall)
    Green Circle(s) - These are archer nests, The Classic archer nest used in builds 289 and higher(The higher green circle), then the archer nest used in all builds, (Lower green circle)
    Last but not least, Blue Circle - S spike setting of my design to stop bomb jumpers from getting over the tower.

Yes ,you guys may be thinking, 'Its to flimpsy at the bottom', yes i know, and im going to fix that later.

Postive feedback guys. :) 25252525

2. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Hmm..very rescource heavy, and also, how is your team supposed to get back up?
    Other then that, I quite like it. ;)

3. Zer0Striker

Zer0Striker Shipwright

They can get back up from the door ladder where the first trap is and the archer can shoot out of.

4. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Yes, but the trap blocks their way...

5. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

It's two blocks wide. People can climb between the stone gaps (which in this case are some terrible wood texture) and shop tiles. You just use 1 door ladder to into the door. (the terrible wood texture makes it hard to see.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator

Thanks for that Imawsome, :)

Yes, they can climb up it, but only when the tower is ungaurded, this is for a big server, with lots of players. And its supposed to be wood for a ninja Texture pack i got off forums, so dont balme me its hard to see.... Still, nice reply though, i will take that into consideration. :)

7. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

bad-
    1. they can destroy your trap easly
    2. they can throw bomb in easly
    3. venerable to cata
    4. there is a 2 block gap between the pink trap and the entrance so enemy can stand there and break
    5. spike is a wast

good-
    1. pro bomb jumper can bomb jump over but they cant throw the flag back over
    2. very archer friendly
    3. nice place for heal
    4. red is a great idea

suggestions-
    1. make a workshop in front of archer nest so it blocks several arrows
    2. make trap bridge to block/weaken cata
    3. spike trap in front of building not on it.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator

Thank you for you suggestions kl4060, i will make the neccecary arrangements to modify my tower, Sorry for bad spelling :/

9. MINIMAN

MINIMAN Shark Slayer

Every tower is going to get pwned by a cata; unless its so bulky.

They cant really bomb jump over unless a builder builds a high enough tower.(which is unpossible,to there lazy butt's ;D)

And that trap Tj;is kind-of usless.(Cant be bothered to re-frase what kl4060 said)
    But it is a good tower.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator

Is the trap meant to kill them off?? I dont think so, its only to damage them, not to fully kill them, but still, thanks for your feedback. :)

11. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

we mean they won't even touch it...
    </br>--- merged: Sep 27, 2012 11:50 PM ---</br>
    1. you think builder is gonna build a 1 high tower?
    2. if you make a trap-bridge or so, it can weaken the data fire.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator

They are in range of the stone to drop, so it wont kill them, but it will damage them, it will touch them, but wont take all there health.

I already know to weaken the cata fire, thank you for that feedback, this isnt a debating thread, this is for feedback only.

So please refrain from any argueing or debating on this subject, thank you.

MINIMAN likes this.
  13. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

you just rebutted me.....
    *this is not an debating thread

i just wanna say if they SEE the spike there so they will not go to it, nothing forces them to. where as if you build some where alse it would be more resource : demige/kill effective. e.g. under the entrance. it forces them to jump in because they need to get to the entrance.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator

Theres no spike near the entrance????

15. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

I mean yo should make it there.

remove the spikes from top.
    make a hole in the ground (under pink)
    place spikes in the hole.

there you make a more cost efficient trap.

16. Debates are good, you gain experience.
    Now before I analyse your tower...I'm going to take a break, so keep an eye on this message (its going to be edited and expanded).

17. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Good tower, I think you should make it more bulky and make a better trap... Maybe make something like this?
    Tj's Tower Edit.png
    </br>--- merged: Nov 24, 2012 7:24 AM ---</br>
    *Just a quick edit.

18. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

i can get past that in less then a minute as knight probe about 45 seconds