1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[548] Trap - Head Check

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Xlayer, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

• Wrong section, moved. Also fixed the build number for you.
    Well, out of nowhere I built this structure while playing. I'm not sure if it's been done already. Either way, I like it.
    If it hasn't been done I will call it...
    The Head Check
    [​IMG]
    Enemies have a passageway to the other side, but it takes skill to do it and keep all three hearts. If it doesn't kill them, it will definitely weaken them.
    ENEMIES WILL ENTER IT FROM THE LEFT SIDE
    Here is a second version that is a bit more... noob-friendly...
    [​IMG]

Gofio, ComboBreaker and Contrary like this.
  2. -Q

-Q Donator

Can't a red just vault over the whole contraption, Xlays?

3. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

This is just the base of a structure I guess. You can always build on top of it and make it higher.

thegoodone likes this.
  4. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Any experienced player could get through this without losing a heart. This trap has probably been used before. But its a great noob killer. =)

kl4060 and stig700 like this.
  5. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

I don't understand. Reds normally come from the right.

kl4060 and Froghead48 like this.
  6. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

He probably could have worded it better with "enemies". I'm guessing Xlayer made this model in sandbox, where there is only a blue team. Meanwhile, he is used to playing a red, leading to the left-right orientation swap. Nothing too hard to wrap your head around. :hammer:

7. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

well, let me tell you:
    It has been done before.
    Acavado has already made a guide about it,
    and I can remember having used it even before that.
    and that was almost a year ago.

Froghead48 likes this.
  8. Do you realize it's a slightly different design?
    Also why do you keep writing poems instead of regular posts? Do you have some affection?

9. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I hate long lines.
    don't even ask me why, but it just annoys me.
    want me to write a haiku for you? XD

and in the second version of the trap, it IS an acavado spike.
    if you use a bridge to keep a trap teamfriendly, it is in almost every case an acavado spike trap,
    or something based on an acavado spike trap.

10. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I don't really consider the Acavado as a whole trap in itself. It's more like a mechanic to be implemented in traps like Xlayer's. :spikes:

Xlayer and Ghozt like this.
  11. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Nice idea, I don't think it is the most original idea, but it definitely has room for improvement!

12. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

People who played this game over an week should figure out how to get past this without any trouble at all.

13. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

Not true. Everyone is different. Even if you know how to get passed this, every once in a while you may slip up and lost a heart.

14. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

People can die on the most ridiculous spike traps (even ones you thought were teamsafe), so yes, this one is perfectly fine. And since it's perfectly passable, it probably won't get blown up by bombs but will still once in a while get a kill on someone not paying attention.

Xlayer likes this.