1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[580] Cant think of any name for it.

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Force, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Another one that I have used. Please critique.
    screen-12-12-26-11-12-38.png

Boxpipe likes this.
  2. DubstepMonkey

DubstepMonkey Horde Gibber

Lol Force day after Chrissie may i ask what are those workshop pieces doing there???:p
    And i think that 3-4 bombs could take it easily down.:QQ:

Boxpipe likes this.
  3. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Just personal opinion here but I think that:
    • you've posted a literal crapload of similar towers
    • really all that anyone cares about is how you designed the base and the door area to work, anything above that I've always thought is pretty much meaningless as people will use what they like to use and that part isn't bombed (very) much, so why don't you focus on the base/door some more? Unless you've got some brand spankin' rehvohlooshionair-ee new archer holes / roof design, there's not much point to calling it a new tower and making an entirely new thread
    • a literal crapload of similar towers have been posted by you
    • why don't you go ahead and keep all your towers in a larger thread where you post new editions/towers, as this is your fourth thread in the BCq subsection?
    • Why don't you do as some people do and highlight/box specific portions of the tower that you want specifically to be critiqued/show off, instead of posting a whole? This way it would seem more like you want to be critiqued and less that you're just posting a picture of a tower that you think looks cool.
    Now for some building critique:
    • can blockspam the front too easily, and create a wall directly in front of the base door that the enemy will have trouble destroying
    • the top section with the archer holes is very thin and has too many nooks, a lucky bomb or two and you've got a gaping hole in your tower as well as lots of rather dangerous repairs to do considering how close the top is to the ground
    • there's no point to staggered teamdoor floor entrances, like you have in the picture as these:
    :castle_bg::door::castle_bg:
    :door::castle_bg::door: or :door::bridge:

I've always thought that a plain :door::door::door: or a :door::door: works better in this case, as *seemingly* they're designed to keep bombjumpers from getting in/out too quickly. One door (as seen on the right above) is a piece of cake and can be broken through quite easily, and the example above on the left can be destroyed enough to allow passage with just one bomb.

• your tower is too high off the ground on the left side, panicking could cause low-health teammates to die by accident. Try adding a couple trapdoors extending off of the left to catch such klutzes, or bringing your tower closer to the ground

4. afroman1

afroman1 Join Afro's invisible RTDM group for updates. Donator

perhaps the workshop pieces are meant to slow down builder from placing ladders, not quite sure on that one.

Boxpipe likes this.
  5. Panasonic

Panasonic Builder Stabber
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

This is ok building if your got a support structure at the end or front for it to be Niger then it would be just right

Boxpipe likes this.
  6. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Thanks for the feedback. Jim. Ill think about make one thread for all of my ideas but im not sure if you can do that in building critiques. Can you or does it have to go in the builder section?. And try making structrues with completely different overhangs, entrances, etc. Usually I wouldnt highlight the main area's of the building but ill try doing it from in the future if i have the sufficient time. Usually the archer holes would be too high for knights to throw bombs in the notches.

To the workshop questions. They are designed to slow down builders from laddering up.

Boxpipe likes this.
  7. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

nothing new at all, unfortunately.

the tower is good though, it probably takes some time to build it, but it strong, and has some good defenses

Boxpipe likes this.
  8. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Good tower but the workshop is fully useless and enemy can build shop on it @_@

Boxpipe likes this.
  9. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

The pieces of workshop are used to stop builders from puting ladders. ;)

Boxpipe likes this.
  10. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Ah, okay. But they can destroy it...

Boxpipe likes this.
  11. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Laddering up is pretty much one of the weakest but easiest ways to get up a tower. Fortunately, it's not the only one and other tactics such as blockspam should definitely be taken into consideration. Unfortunately, how the tower prevents laddering up also promotes blockspam, as workshop pieces strangely can support stone blocks.

Boxpipe and Force like this.
  12. DubstepMonkey

DubstepMonkey Horde Gibber

Awkies perfect for MAUAHAHHA you know what?

Boxpipe likes this.
  13. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

As a tower gets higher the base must get thicker or people will stop trying to go over it and just bomb the fucker at the base.

Boxpipe likes this.