1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[580] Unamed Tower By Yours Trully

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by -Tj-, Dec 1, 2012.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Hey guys, a little frontline tower i made, useful for slowing down the enemy and allowing your team some time to recovery from a enemy wave, or to actually get to the battlefeild.

Unamed.png

Here are the details.
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    No colour - This is the main part of the tower, here you see we have a simple way to move around the tower with the drawbridges and you can also see a little quarters here for any damaged player.
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Yellow - These are the ways in and out of the tower, you see the bottom one is pretty much for all classes to use, and the top is mostly used by archers although occasionally knights can pop out of here aswell.
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Red - This is the little trap that works wonders for the tower if your under attack by a big horde of the enemies on the ground (The purple boxed area makes a perfect stone preader to both sides of it, to stop enmies on either side of it)
    Pink - These are the spikes used on the tower (Not including the spike pit), they are very useful on the teamdoors and are team freindly here. Now the one facing down (At one of the doorways) is a perfect team - freindly way and enemy killer here, they run up, remove the first door and jump to ge tthe other one, they take 1 heart damage. (Not insta-kill, just to make them easier for your team to kill)
    Orange - The spike pit, used to stun them, or just for those noobs who jump while in pits, just something made here to lower there health and mass.
    Purple - The "Sholf's Trapway" works well if effectively build with the tower. Ofcourse, i built it on top of the spike pit, making it utterly useless. But you can move the trapway a few blocks over the the Right so it isnt sitting over the spike pit, and it would work wonders.
    And yes, i know it isnt very high and easily bomb jumped, but you can always build something on top to stop them from doing that sort of tactic.

So there you have it, my little Unamed tower (I know, i suck at coming up with names). Feel free to critisize in anyway, and i'll take it into consideration and updrage/downgrade to help effectveness.

(P.s = I didnt colour the the yellow text because it would be hard to read.)

2. Ultimate proof that 90% of people here don't even bother with testing their sh stuff they make in sandbox:
    autospikes don't work anymore.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator

Yer, i agree with you there Ej (I test mine though).

Auto- spike dont work anymore? Intersting...

4. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

He was actually talking about you. Intersting...

Arcite likes this.
  5. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator

What? saying the 90% dont test there designs?

Ive tested before on a few laggy servers aswell as some aussie ones. Works well, and the auto - spike seemed to work then aswell if put in the right spot, (i just got lost and confused when placing it) It was only 2 days ago or something that I tested this.

6. Force

Force Shark Slayer

I like it. But in my opinion you should remove the whole purple area. Knights can vault/slash up there and then do some hard damage with bombs. Some idiot teammate will definately spam the doors and let the knights in. But I like the design.

evol_nomad and MINIMAN like this.
  7. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator

Thanks for that force, i will remember that.

8. Filystyn

Filystyn Bison Rider

Too much spikes - they are stone wasters. (My opinion LOL)

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator

Lol, spikes are only 10 stone each, and there is always stone on ANY map. So 1 thick block of stone is 30, and a normal one is 10. Not really a stone waster in my opinion, but thanks for your feedback.