1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] A Tower that xan kill

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by toffie0, Apr 1, 2013.

1. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Hey Guys,
    I have made a tower:

Tower.png

at would like some hints on it.

Pro's:
    can drop the stone to kill knights and builders
    Easy to jump on people
    Can kill
    Is kinda team safe

Not Pro's:

Builders can destroy easily
    kinda not team safe
    not good with groups of knights
    Heavy on stone

killatron46, I3lue, miniu and 3 others like this.
  2. Graver

Graver Haxor

3. DubstepMonkey

DubstepMonkey Horde Gibber

Before spamming doggeh! tell us why it is bad?
    </br>--- merged: Apr 1, 2013 9:43 AM ---</br>
    Toff sexy pic of you and the tower also nice typo on the title. Ok onto the tower:
    • Heavy on stone
    • exposed to archers at the top of the tower ( near the collapsible trap)
    Other than that its a real good tower and also love how team safe is in pros and cons seems legit.

soulrealm likes this.
  4. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

i would put a team bridge under the spike at the foot of the tower that will make it a grinder for noobies :L

5. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

simply hug the wall, and it will you most likely will not take any damage from a collapse.

6. Alaiscool

Alaiscool Arsonist

Noobs will not like this :( they will not like this at all. I thought i had a team safe tower once but the builders and archer insisted on rubbing against the spikes if it was the last thing they did.

7. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Usually I test spikes that I'm not sure if it's team safe ( for my billings) . Through you do get those who will do anything to get themselves hurt. I've seen a lot of people saved by this tower while running away from a knight. Thx for the tips so far :) I really want to get the tower up to scratch :D

8. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

[​IMG]
    My suggestions.
    Your collapsing things are too high and will fall slow, as well as too low that the enemy can be aware of it.
    The spike in the doors is virtually useless, because if a knight follows some1 up the wall (idk how) they will most certainly follow you through the doors as they will be rly close to u. And if they dont, they can still slash the doors with out being affected. Same thing with the random door and spike. As the only thing getting that high would be a builder and it wont help against him. It will also not help against bomb jumpers as it is facing down and gives a platform to jump on. The platform thing goes the same to your collapsing stone.

I always suggest collapsing bridges if possible as wood is easier to assemble than stone (most of the time, according to map)

Assumptions: Your tower is a ad on to the map, i think the aus server?. Your tower is on already placed blocks/hill.
    Therefore the tower u made is only 3 blocks thick with no way up from the back. Unless u suggest this to be build on the side of a hill. On the maps with the mountain/hill in middle.
    As its the add on to the map, it is also at the front therefore assuming its a front tower.

[​IMG]
    I don't rly like changing the building as it isint the same tower but anyway... The red is what i changed, and i added a near finished version (forgot spikes on roof etc)

The spike at the bottom makes it more team friendly, but one bomb and its a shit.
    The first collapsing bridge thing is what raven likes alot, were u one hit the door and kills every1 (still a bit high but can be unexpected). Enemy bomb jumpers cant stand on them and its too high for them to disable it (unless builders come).

You had 2 collapsing things so i made 2. This can keep on going but yeah...

The spikes that look deadly isint rly. Aslong as you dont jump for no reason (you dont even have to go on the bridge)
    The spikes are there for bomb jumpers and to have a little over hang which can develop.

Question mark is for what your planning the bottom to be like on another map? (avoid the random piece of mountain in the pic btw)
    I always find towers with a bigger bottom then top works better as the intimidation is there. No1 will try and bomb their way through and such if under fire regularly.

You dont rly need workshops on this particular map, but is good for other maps. This makes it more convenient for knights and archers so they can defend longer.

I changed the back of the tower a bit so that if a knight bomb jumps over they cant slash the doors. (im not so sure what to suggest at the back due to issues i suggested earlier)

Basically, imo a better collapsing thing. More archer holes to shoot out which makes it a stronger front tower is all that I rly changed.
    I'm not saying u should do it like i did it, but similar use of bridges and shit is what im suggesting.

Sorry for the wiki answer :L

(im fairly new at builder but have experience trying to over come towers so dont take my suggestions that seriously, take it and make it better :P )

toffie0 likes this.
  9. DubstepMonkey

spam jokes crazy so much info I'll read it eventually :|

10. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Snip your quotes, it's so annoying.

Demon_Jester likes this.
  11. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

i got bored :L

12. DubstepMonkey

I dont know how to teach me :3

13. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

When u click reply you get something similar to-
    *Just testing.[/quote]
    </br>--- merged: Apr 2, 2013 7:59 AM ---</br>
    what the shit just happened to my comment.....

Arcite and Canadian98 like this.
  14. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

When you click reply, it'll come up with something like this:
    Code:
    [QUOTE]blah blah blah[/QUOTE]
    Replace what's inside the quotes with snip, like this:
    Code:
    [QUOTE]~snip~[/QUOTE]

Arcite and Demon_Jester like this.
  15. Force

Force Shark Slayer

The single stone that was designed for dropping will destroy the spike at the base of your tower when the enemy has activated the trapbridges. If that makes sense. But otherwise its pretty good. But I would suggest maybe trying to incorporate an archer hole. It would prevent archers from using the main entrance.