1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] Cheap Trap

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Conquerer, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

This is a trap that I came up with. The main focus for me when building this was to come up with something quick & cheap, yet effective. If the enemy knight tries to escape by destroying the team door, he dies. If a builder is manning the trap, he will destroy the trap bridges or team door and, he dies. The only weakness is that the knight could bomb the stone in the ground on the right and escape, but I'm hoping a builder/team knight would regularly man the trap to set off the trap before that happens. You can also change and build onto this to benefit archers and builders. (Protection for builders & archer holes/nests)
    screen-13-03-04-19-30-41.png

Resources Required: 12x :castle_wall: 1x :door: 5x :bridge: 19x :castle_bg: (158 Stone/130 Wood)

Pros:
    *Cheap & quick to build.
    *Simple to remember.
    *Effective.
    *Easy to repair.

Cons:
    *Knights can escape with 1 bomb.
    *Knights can bomb-jump over the top and destroy the trap.
    *Easy for enemy builders to ruin.
    *Easy to be griefed.

screen-13-03-05-08-03-49.png
    Resources Required: 13x :castle_wall: 6x :bridge: 2x :door: 1x :spikes: 23x :castle_bg: (186 Stone/180 Wood)
    **Sorry about the attached files**

Attached Files:

2. DubstepMonkey

DubstepMonkey Horde Gibber

Pretty good trap its cheap not much resources but i dont recommend this is a server with lots of players try to make it archer proof or something like that it would be a bit better i think in my opinion.;)

3. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

I mentioned that above. 'You can also change and build onto this to benefit archers and builders. (Protection for builders & archer holes/nests)' ;_;

4. You can easily bypass the basic trap as knight by deactivating the trap bridges when you go to collapse it, by doing this you will probably not take any damage at all. (as shown in the spoiler below :down:) Also, whenever a builder goes to collapse it you can also just deactivate the bridges.

[​IMG]

soulrealm and Froghead48 like this.
  5. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Fair enough, I'll try to make a new version soon.

6. Clap Clap Very good & (nothing)

7. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Please remove the picture.

8. DubstepMonkey

DubstepMonkey Horde Gibber

Dude wow.

9. Deleted*

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  10. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

mfw It's still there because DupstepMonkey quoted it...

CheeseMeister likes this.
  11. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Whatever. This thread is meant for critiquing, not looking at pictures of girls in bikinis.

12. kk sorry, i was just kidding around :P

13. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

14. Alaiscool

Alaiscool Arsonist

I think one or two catapult shots would wreak the trap :( and i seems very easily broken by a single builder :(

15. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

Show me any trap that is effective, cost efficient, and is not weak to catapults/builders. Also, as it is stated in the op, this trap is to kill knights, not builders.

16. Alaiscool

Alaiscool Arsonist

Ok good point :P But aren't most traps ment to kill all classes?

17. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

No. Archers and builders can get out of most traps easily. It wastes too much time & resources to make a trap that will kill every class efficiently. That is why spike pits(which are usually used to kill/delay knights) are so popular. They are quick, cheap, and simple. And, the easiest way for a knight to get out of them, would be them using a bomb. Which usually results in them destroying 1 block for 20 coins, which is not an equal trade.

18. Alaiscool

Alaiscool Arsonist

Ok cool :D thanks for the info