1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] Clan-War/Gather Build 1 & 2

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Conquerer, Jun 28, 2013.

?

Which is the better tower?

1. Tower 1

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Tower 2

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Please critique! ^_^

screen-13-06-28-20-14-14.png

MadDog, Galabranth, WarrFork and 2 others like this.
  2. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I say number 2 because:
    • Arch support in the back, these save towers much more often than thick ones that are only 3-4 wide.
    • If a bombjumper gets on your roof on number 2 they have to dive off the back to get at shops, whereas on number 1 they have a niche to hide in.
    They are both good, but 2 is slightly better.

WarrFork, CrystalClear and Conquerer like this.
  3. Matty_

Matty_ Shipwright

I also prefer Tower 2 for its arch support and shop placement. However, the archer slots are very limiting.

I've made a minor adjustment:
    [​IMG]

The niche no longer threatens your workshops, and your archers will have command over the fields below. If a well-placed bomb manages to destroy the door and backwall at the top, the stones above will fall on the enemy knights trying to get in.

4. 1 bomb and tower 1 is down :/

Conquerer likes this.
  5. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Tower two, it's an awesome tower for archer support and it's so fast to repair. It's been proven many times in gather that tower is effective as hell.

miniu, Conquerer and CrystalClear like this.
  6. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

I made the stone 3 high with no archer spots because that would be an ideal spot for a catapult with team knights shielding on top of the stone. The team door above the main entry/exit point could be used for an archer spot and/or collapse.

Example:
    (pretend the knights are standing where the gold is)
    screen-13-06-29-11-27-37.png

7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

The need to protect shops from archer fire is totally valid but be mindful that doing so provides a convenient platform for bomb jumpers which is the next big metagame trend.

CrystalClear and Conquerer like this.
  8. miniu

miniu Haxor

tower 1 <3

9. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

I like tower 2 better because of the arch support which will help it stand longer unless you get totally overrun. All the shops would also be much faster to get to than the second.