1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] Corridor of Doom

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by lepong_the_1st, Apr 29, 2013.

?

What do you think of this trap?(top 5 options) What do you think of this tower?(bottom 5 options)

1. Fantastic! how come no one's ever thought of this before?!?!

19.0%
  2. Good,good

28.6%
  3. Few minor errors.

23.8%
  4. NEVER!!!

33.3%
  5. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?????

42.9%
  6. Fantastic! Need this in every game!!!

14.3%
  7. Good,good

28.6%
  8. Few minor errors.

23.8%
  9. NEVER!!!

38.1%
  10. Possible Responses:

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lepong_the_1st

lepong_the_1st Catapult Fodder

• added build number
    Hi guys! its my first thread!
    corridor of doom.png
    This is the corridor of doom. it garentees kills against enemy knights.
    Red- The spikes
    the bottom row are the main spikes used to kill the enemy.
    the top row are secondary spikes which hurt enemies who try to parkor across the stone blocks (they attach to the roof)
    Orange- Bomb pits.
    used to catch bombs thrown by the knights.
    Pros-hard to destroy whith bombs on the inside.
    -Causes enemies to always lose at least 2 hearts.
    Cons-heavy on stone
    -can be jumped, bomb jumped over.This can be fixed by building a tower over it.
    -can be destroyed by bombs on top of the building can destroy it.This can be fixed by building a tower over it.
    -does not work on builders, unless they are noobs.This can be fixed by building archer slots in the roof, bomb chutes and having them shooting at the builders.

Here is an example of what it could look like when you upgrade it to a tower.:smug:
    It is built in the perspective of a red builder. weird, Right?
    corridor of doom building.png
    Blue- Corridor of Doom
    Red- Archer nests
    Workshops act like sheilds agaist arrows
    Yellow-Spike Traps
    Top-Spikes stick to the doors.
    Middle-Spike sticks to top door, followed by the door to its right.
    Bottom- a normal spike pit.
    Orange-Cata spots.
    Can have 3 catas shooting at a time. protected from arrows from the front.
    Green-Bomb Chute
    protecs the spike trap from being bombed.
    Pink-Optional.
    i added an outpost. u don't have to add this.

Pros-Hard to destroy
    -Hard to get past
    -Hard to conquer,unless you have really noobish team-mates
    -Enemy builders will have a hard time.
    Cons-Heavy on reasources
    -Cata fire can destroy it.
    -Bomb jumpers might be able to jump past.
    -Not suited for an attack from behind

Please respond.
    25252525:spam::dance:

2. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

First off, you said it yourself, (TOO RESOURCE HEAVY), maybe you might want to take your own advice. Many people instantly disregard everything they see on these forums for this reason, generally buildings aren't taken well if they are over 500 stone or wood to build.

The "Corridor of Doom" alone will cost too many resources to be built in a real game, and really all this is, is a very long Acavado trap. I like the bomb pits and how you have it so knights must continually jump and fall, increasing the chances of your trap working. However, I have a thourough explanation of why you should not use trap buildings here:>>>CLICK<<<. So I won't go into that any further. A lot of resources are used in this tower is just a roof for the part of the building that is a trap. After you remove the trap from your building it will look more like a tower.

I can see why you would want all those workshops along the archer perch, (they absorb arrows), but why not instead make them quarters over arrow workshops? This way if one fails archers can still heal. There are some areas of your tower where an excess of resources are used, one example is the roof, why is it two tiles thick while the forward facing wall is only 1 tile thick? Generally you want your thickest part of the tower in the lower forward facing position.

I can see you put a lot of time and effort into this, and it isn't half bad for a first attempt. I can tell you didn't read the stickied posts in this section as Ej will probably point out soon. Go read those and follow some of my suggestions and you should do fine.

Cheers! :)

I3lue and CheeseMeister like this.
  3. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Well, you gonna get responses pretty soon, mostly them bitching about resources.

BTW Corridor of Doom doesnt seem bad at all, it may be near the tent. Tower might be covered with spikes, in case of bombjumpers :b_shop::skull::bird:

4. Force

Force Shark Slayer

This is just another example of a trap thats:
    Try building a tower with the same amount of resources and I can guarantee that it will be more effective.
    I am being a bit harsh, but forgive me for being honest.
    Maybe next time make your boxes that highlight area's less thick, it makes the trap more visible.
    Keep up the posts!

5. lepong_the_1st

lepong_the_1st Catapult Fodder

Thanx! It helped a lot!

6. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

You can go through the corridor without loosing a heart if your careful enough.

2nd pic
    You can also get out of the big spike pit at the very right at
    The end of the hall. Then you can get up another floor then go up another, then go for a nice walk to the left then break the doors on the top and your through the basement. This costs way to many recauses. With traps don't build trap bridges 4 spots above the bomb chute, then knights can break those without gaining any harm and get up. To be honest I don't like bomb chutes, they give a way to get into the spike trap without hurting themselves.

Also don't put cata's on trap bridges, one bomb jump touching any part of that trap bridge, gives the enemy free cata's.