1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] Head Poke

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by kl4060, Mar 26, 2013.

1. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 6.38.59 PM.png
    So this is what I came up with in sandbox.
    It appears even if they destroy the door it is very hard (at least for me) to not bump my head on the spike at the top.
    and if they do hit the top spike, they will most likely fall down into the hole. the spike pit at bottom does not have to be so big like mine, thats an example. I understand this is not the best so maybe some of you can improve it.

IMPORTANT!
    This is not a full tower so you will need some fortifying but I'm no good at that so I won't :3.
    This may/could be a door or an entrance of a tower or so on.

EDIT:
    Screen Shot 2013-03-26 at 7.16.48 PM.png
    Very resource intensive but still maybe in building time this would be good. (maybe)
    • on the top you can see a drop-able block hanging out that is fixable. when that is dropped onto a workshop from a 5 block hight it will bend left a little enough for it to kill knight hiding under the tower destroying stuff and things. and also the workshop can act as shield for archers. (weak to bombs and archers)
    • bottom trap is as explained before, if they hit their head on the top spike, the spike will punch you into the spike pit (mostly). (weak to bombs)
    • The 2 workshop and the bottom room is so that the tower cannot be destroyed as easily in the bottom and also gives you space for maybe a outpost.
    • from the back it is made so its not climbable because enemy knights won't be able to get on it. also the hight of it makes it harder for them to jump and land there unless they jump on top and get back down on top of it. but just for incase that happens there is a way for our team to get on there as well.
    • In the bottom near the entrance (where the 3 pieces of trap bridges are) there is a way for archers to shoot so they can take out any camping knights or near enemies walking towards them.
    • Under the 2 workshops in the long upper room there is a way for the people to get down to the main intersection. But if you activate the trap door on the left of the three (under/on top of trap bridges) you can shoot through it. killing any enemy that has got through.
    How could I improve it?

2. DubstepMonkey

DubstepMonkey Horde Gibber

Hm i could see this with a tower but its heavy on stone you dont need that much spikes cause its 5 blocks deep theirs no way a knight can get out of that without a bomb. And you should make a way to repair it!

kl4060 likes this.
  3. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

What do you think about the new version?

4. DubstepMonkey

Hm very nice design unique tower but the worst thing is that it can be easily be collapsed. Heres my version i modified it tweaked it a little not sure if you like it! f.JPG

5. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

1. Two or more knights could get out of the pit by using their shields.
    2. How do you, 'make a way to repair it'?
    3. Knights could get through that trap safely by using their shields, thus rendering this trap useless.
    4. This isn't really heavy on stone. Compare it with a few other towers and you'll find this one is quite low on stone. Although I do agree, less spikes would be good.
    This is technically no way different.

It can still be easily collapsed with two bombs and a couple slashes to the back walls.The only thing that's different by a slight tweak(and I stress the word slight), is the team door collapse and the hole in which the team door can fall down. It is also possibly to drop bombs and shoot arrows down it, which is a minor bonus.

Overall, you made an already good tower a bit better.

//EDIT1:
    Doesn't the team door just go onto the workshop then lose a lot of power and most of it's damage force? I'll test it.
    //EDIT2:
    After testing it, my results concluded that what I mentioned above is correct. It actually stops completely at the workshop, instead of collapsing down onto the player.

6. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

For Kl's spike pit, I reccommend adding a bomb chute plus a way for your team to get out. With the tower spike pit the door on the left can be broken easily, therefore makeing it easy for the knights to break the door above and get in safely.

Dub, people can get in and out of that spike pit without loosing any damage.

kl4060 and Conquerer like this.
  7. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

Dubby, for your tower you made the block fall in the middle of the workshop. where as mine, its on the left.

8. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Yeah, as I said above. It'd be better positioned on the left or right, or maybe some trap bridge collapses at the doorway to the furthest right.

9. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

Nope. it all depends from how high you drop it and from what side you drop it from. read by mini catapult thread

10. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Yup. I stand corrected.

11. DubstepMonkey

Yea i forgot how to make that spike trap..

12. faygo94

faygo94 Catapult Fodder

It seems to me the one door that allows you to enter the tower from the opposing side is the key. To get higher up in the tower one must open that door allowing them to let enemys in or them too break the door, I'd suggest moving the doors behind that door back or back a block and make the trapdoor a ladder as it is very easy to run through a trap door.