1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] Little annoying towers

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by kl4060, Apr 6, 2013.

1. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 1.27.24 AM.png
    I know, I know its very well known and its simple but if you make this every 25 blocks or so it will rape bomb jumpers and be surprisingly effective. Yes it can be slashed easily and bombed by 3 bombs but if you make about 4 of these they will never get in.
    Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 1.32.22 AM.png
    Gold pile is your tent btw

Some of you may think this is good or bad. But I tested this on like 30 games :P I think its pretty good specially on servers with not too much people.

soulrealm and CrystalClear like this.
  2. Get on top of the far right tower and bomb jump c:

Chromabird and Guitarman like this.
  3. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Most people would proberbly prefer to build their own towers instead, but then again those who want to build a tower is getting less, also it takes time and a lot of res, and if a horde of knights come charging, they can easily take down your towers.

kl4060 likes this.
  4. They could be...you know...Little-er.
    Just put the front of the tower up, and leave the behind open. Then connect the towers with trap bridges/ add backwall, and you can make even MORE! c:

5. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

And specially on big, flat maps these can be used for pushing them back by just keep building these. It would get destroyed but still :p

I think if you build a lot of these in a big map they will bomb jump between the buildings, and they can get out easily but it will delay them so our knights have the chance to rape them :p Just my opinion :D

I didn't really get that sorry but what I did understand is "make even more!" so thats a great idea 0.0 Sorry english is not my mother tongue language.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 6, 2013 10:35 PM ---</br>
    Thats a great point. so how about this?
    Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 8.30.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 8.31.39 AM.png
    so there is towers in between. And make it about 30 blocks from the main building made by others so they can't use this to bomb jump.

So if you see a 60 block gap that has nothing there, or if your army is pushing back and front, make one of these when your team have pushed the enemy back. then repeat.

Attached Files:

6. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

team chat: builder, come ladder these nub towers 4 me

also bombs rape them. slashes are pretty effective to.

7. eamono

eamono Arsonist

how tall are these? 8? if you have some amazing bomb skills you can bomb out the sixth block from the top and build a vault pit and all knights can get up. (i think, i didn't test though)

This tower is TERRIBLE as a permanent defense, but if you use it at the front lines it works well as a temporary tower while knights are fighting 2 blocks away it is really good. but as others had said, it is too vulnerable. 3 bombs kill it, 3-4 knights could tunnel under this pretty quickly, no defence against climbing archers, take 2 seconds to ladder this up, no defense from archers, no defense from bomb jumpers, no good place to put shops, and takes more resources then its worth, i counted 200 stone in there, it would be better if you built a tunnel instead of a wierd tower

8. Very resource ineffective to allow for fast tower spamming in rush matches.

Fix: Decrease overall resources used and introduce doors for tower at front.

Although level of annoyance = 7, overall, the ability to spam it = 4. Calculate the resources required for one of these. Now multiply that by whatever number of towers you are going to build. Take away the amount of resources you lose from dying.

Now compare the time required to gather the resources and compare with time that your knights are able to rush/push forward to where ever you must your tower.

PS: On the hill map, the 2 towers in the ditches are 80% useless.

EDIT: Response to Ninja'd.

Easily bombed (no defence from flying bombs): True.
    Bomb sixth block and vault pit?: False.
    Permanent Defence: Not the purpose of this tower, read thoroughly before posting.
    Works well front line: True.
    3 bombs to kill: With a builder, False.
    Tunnel Underneath?: With a builder, False.
    No defence against climbing archers: Half-true.
    No defence against laddering builders: Half-true.
    No defence from arrows: True.
    No good places to put shops: Take this elsewhere. You can put workshops nearly anywhere, requiring little resources yet making it hard for enemies to use them.
    Resource to effectiveness ratio crappy?: Half-true.
    Tunnel better than this tower?: Gtfo Builder Thread Noaw.

EDIT2: Response.
    If you can't see why they are false or true, then so be it. I can just say it. Because I just said it, and it's a fact. If you can't see why, then go ask someone who can be bothered explaining. If you are just here to criticize my post/s then gtfo this thread. This is for constructive criticism towards the thread's building, otherwise go post elsewhere.

CrystalClear likes this.
  9. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

You can't just say "false, false, true, half true"
    Why don't you explain why you think its false or true.
    Your critique is effective: False

Force and Canadian98 like this.
  10. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

To make them more difficult to penetrate, add a collapse option. When the knight/builder destroys the team door, the team operating the tower has an option of destroying the workshop placements and killing the knight just before he destroys the team door. Here's an example.
    screen-13-04-07-14-54-50.png
    You can add shit to it, like this:
    screen-13-04-07-14-54-50.png

or

screen-13-04-07-14-54-42.png
    </br>--- merged: Apr 7, 2013 5:01 AM ---</br>
    Half True. He explained in the above bit about mine.

Attached Files:

11. You have defied the purpose of this thread.

Little annoying towers do not aim to cost a lot in resources and use complex collapsibles to collapse stuff on enemies.

EDIT: Please use spoilers.
    Code:
    [spoiler]putstuffinhere[/spoiler]
    EDIT2: Response.
    You can. However I am not constructively criticizing the guy's non-constructive criticism. Therefore you defied your own logic. So stop posting posts irrelevant to the main subject: Little Annoying Towers. No you're trying to be egotistical and you're the one who started to be hostile anyways. I do need to, because you aren't helping people concerned about the main subject of the thread and are just provoking arguments on things that are irrelevant to the main subject. So just stop typing and go play KAG.

12. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

You can't criticise someone constructively if you don't explain what they did wrong, and instead rely on them to realises their mistakes, that's just egotistical. Don't act so hostile anyway, no need to tell me to get the fuck out, simply trying to help.

EDIT: I'm not even going to bother arguing with an ignorant kid like you.

13. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

I defy purposes all the time.

Besides, idc if they cost resource(unless its ridiculously resource heavy), only if they achieve a basic aim. kill enemy.
    anyway, I didn't defy any purpose. Little annoying twers r designed to stop the enemy. Collapses stop the enemy.

14. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

I know i pointed that out. its very easily broken down.

15. zollie20

zollie20 Haxor

Not bad; however you'll have more luck with removing the bottom doors, placing stone there and putting trapdoors on the ground.
    :castle_wall:
    :door:
    :castle_wall::bridge:

16. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

The only problem is that these towers are so easy to take control of, so essentially, you've given the enemy a big slab of stone to build a forward tower with.

17. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

The towers you are building everywhere are my favorite kind of tower to see the enemy build. They are short, useless and easily allow me and other bomb-jumpers to jump over your entire base, steal your flag and bomb-jump back.

What Kalikst linked there is probably the bane of any bomb-jumper's existence. Tight pits that effectively trap the bomb-jumper from moving about and allows people to rain arrows and knight bodies on him.

18. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Some of your team might be a tad annoyed at how much space you took, I think the team would rather make their own buildings.

soulrealm likes this.
  19. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

I think bomb jumping over that many is hard with 3 bombs 0.0

soulrealm and Force like this.