1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] Multi-Use Trap Tower

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Conquerer, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Hey everyone.

Today I'm introducing a multi-use tower with lots of traps incorporated into the design. The tower was created by me and improved vastly by Force and myself. The source of inspiration comes from several traps from Guro's guides. As the name suggests, this tower has many features and traps that are deadly if not carefully dealt with. The tower is moderately resistant to bombs and is quite archer friendly. The cost is a bit expensive, but the results are good after a bit of testing on some crowded CTF servers.

screen-13-07-11-14-23-24.png

screen-13-07-11-14-23-24 - Copy.png

Red: This section is an optional roof with workshops, which makes the tower more stable, and also more safe from arrows and bombs lobbed over the top.

Green: These are where most of the spikes traps are located. There's an archer hole above this section that is designed to kill or distract the enemy while they're breaking the team door blocks to the left. Overall, nothing too special.

Turquoise: Base of the tower.

Blue: This is the archer overhang, which can be easily collapsed on top of the enemy if the other collapse has been collapsed already.

Yellow: This section can be collapsed at any time, and works quite a few ways. You can walk against the team door to the right to let the enemy try to slash vault up, but while they do that, you can place a spike under the team door on the stone. This is called spike baiting and is referred to in Guro's guides. The trap bridge can be collapsed on scared, but clever knights not eager to enter the collapse.

Overall this is several traps bundled all into one tower. This tower is full of surprises and is quite efficient at killing the enemy. :)

2. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

Amazing tower. Nothing is wrong with it :kappa:.

Force, Digger101, Varion and 3 others like this.
  3. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

ok good I yooze it 4 gathor ok??

Piano likes this.
  4. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Hm
    This is a good tower, but that collapse, I don't like.
    A) An enemy builder can just ladder over it, or put a backwall (or stone to stop your team) to prevent it from collapse.

B)Block the collapse with stone, (yes I know they can just go over, but it wastes time.)

----
    That collapse is:
    -106 wood?
    -56 stone.

With that amount, I can think of quit a-lot of buildings, traps, etc.
    e.g
    Instead of one collapse, that would kill maybe 2 knights, I would suggest this:~

:blank: :door:
    :blank: :castle_wall:
    :blank: :door: :spikes:
    :castle_bg: :castle_wall:

-60 wood
    -56 stone.
    In the end, 46 wood is left over, for small collapses.
    I can see you like your traps, so I added the spike to prevent knights from slashing their way up.
    This wall can either:
    A)Be built into an actual tower.
    B)Stop enemy, become bait machine. (By that I mean, removing the spike and the door, put spike on the upper brick of the gap.)

Or~
    :door:
    :castle_wall:
    :castle_wall: :bridge:

This stops the enemy knights, not allowing them to slash the doors to get up.
    (Watch out for builder rush)

---
    To sum it up, I don't like the collapse, and too low for the doors :)

killatron46 and Conquerer like this.
  5. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Great tower Conqueror. Amazing :D

I helped build half of it. :O
    But no really I did.