1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] RFT (Rush Frontline Tower)

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by TheWhiteKnight, Apr 9, 2013.

1. TheWhiteKnight

TheWhiteKnight Ballista Bolt Thrower

• added build number
    ......:castle_bg: :castle_wall:
    ......:bridge: :door:
    ......:bridge: :door:
    Very simple and very low on resources (40 stone 60 wood) this frontline tower is what i use in the middle of the map to keep the enemies at bay. It is suprisingly effective and a great foundation for a tower please critique.
    Sorry forgot to add build number can a mod please rename?

2. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

Try something like this--
    :castle_bg::door:
    :castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::castle_wall::bridge:
    :dirt::dirt::castle_wall::dirt::dirt:

Forgot to add team bridges on other side.
    Anyway point is. Your knights can slash over it. Enemy knights cant. Your archers can climb with arrows if the launchpad is destroyed.

Brandon816 likes this.
  3. TheWhiteKnight

thnx for suggestion my one has holes/bridges in it for camping nooby archers.

4. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

if, as u said, the tower is the middle rush tower. If you have archers keeping those doors open you will have problems with enemy knights destroying and going up and over the wall. And if enemy knghts arnt close to the wall, there is usually trees to stay in as it gives u better firing angles. Or just stand on the wall.

tbh they both are pretty weak and will need to be, as you said, improved and build on.

Presuming it will be progressing in a similar way. (pic below isint finished building)
    [​IMG]
    *The left tower has more things as i was too lazy to mimic it fully.

To fortify the bottom to be more resistance against bombs will render your 'archer holes' useless.
    Where my tower can be modified to make this trap (shown above), to start of with or later on. Yours wont use the trap as efficiently as a knight can still walk up to the tower and slash your door/s.

Basically, u can fix up your wall but that will take time which can be very valuable. But then again, this is how i would build up from such a wall. You may go another way which makes it far better than what im suggesting.

killatron46 likes this.
  5. Force

Force Shark Slayer

I could literally jump over that tower.

Cirom, CrystalClear and Guitarman like this.
  6. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Depends on what the foundation underneath is made of. If it's dirt, yeah, only takes like 10 seconds to dig out a ledge and just vault over the tower. Probably faster than even breaking one of the doors, although that would ensure that my allies could make it over too.

7. TheWhiteKnight

this tower is made for the first push in ctf only, and i do agree that its weak... but at least its a simpl design.

8. Force

Force Shark Slayer

I was just saying...

9. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Firstly, make it two bigger and delete the team door closest to the ground(replace with stone). then add a collapse to scare away those knights and you're in business.

@Demon, put the team door down 1, or make 2 launch pads directly above the first one. builders running away from enemy knights could jump on the stone, taking precious milliseconds sliding down the stone instead of jumping straight over the thingo. or you could just do three trap bridges in a row?
    stone in the ground underneath the trap bridges.
    try this
    screen-13-04-10-17-36-22.png
    these are both optional

10. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

erm.....

*As said earlier.
    4stone is just to keep enemy knights out as they cant do much.

If the launch pad breaks. Ally knights can still get up. Archers can still get up. and builders can still get up.

:castle_bg::door:
    :castle_bg::castle_wall: :bridge:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    Therefore having something like that will have enemy knights slashing at your door.

Also...
    :castle_wall::bridge:
    :castle_wall::castle_bg::bridge:
    is the same as
    Unless im missing something... which i doubt. :L
    [

11. TheWhiteKnight

Ty for suggestion i will modify tower and see how it turns out :)

12. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

To be honest WhiteKnight, this idea of a "very simple, quick, low-resources" tower has already been posted on this forum, and many of us already know these towers as Linepeices. They are featured in that thread, and a I have made a small illustration in the Structure Overview thread about them:
    [​IMG]

I3lue and soulrealm like this.
  13. DubstepMonkey

DubstepMonkey Horde Gibber

Thats if your team's knights arn't nubbies :smug:. Yet again 4 block slash is really simple anyone can practically do it.

soulrealm likes this.