1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] The Trasher

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by rocker2, Feb 2, 2013.

?

Good?

1. Yes!

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. Needs some work... (Will post in thread.)

18 vote(s)
    72.0%
  1. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Pros:

*Once enemy is inside, almost certain kill
    *Has space for workshops
    *Allows own team to pass through quickly
    *Can be built in a small space

Cons:

*Not completely bomb proof
    *Resource Heavy

Screen shot 2013-02-01 at 7.40.01 PM.png Screen shot 2013-02-01 at 7.41.43 PM.png Screen shot 2013-02-25 at 3.42.33 PM.png

There are a couple variations that can be built with certain shops. Keep in mind that this is a WiP. Credit goes to Acavado for the Acavado Spikes. I will update this thread with newer versions if I need to make adjustments.

2. Not really anything new and any knight can get through it and only take 1-2 hearts (granted they know how to hit 4 high trap bridges). Also one bomb makes the whole tower completely worthless.

Boxpipe and soulrealm like this.
  3. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

If I saw this I'd honestly laugh. One bomb and it would be completely obsolete.

Its a nice effort though and it looks effective.

Boxpipe and soulrealm like this.
  4. I can arrow climb over that! :argh:

Boxpipe likes this.
  5. Noob crusher. Crushed by pros.

Boxpipe, Guitarman and vampo like this.
  6. Its great for the front line during late RTDM matches where both teams have 0 respawns. Gather resources, make it, then wait by it while your team attacks (If winning). Not so when you're in the losing team though.

Boxpipe and rocker2 like this.
  7. Imaperson2

Imaperson2 Catapult Fodder

Pros can bomb jump high enough to climb that.

Correct Pro archers like me and others can climb that easily.

Boxpipe likes this.
  8. Um... isn't the point of a forward fort is to slow down the opposing team? It does that well since it could be defended better than a linepiece. Sure archers could scale it, but who's to say it isn't guarded? A builder could camp in there while defending it against archers. Plus, builders can take on archers when the combat is man-to-man. So yeah, it is a good fort when defending. :)

Boxpipe likes this.
  9. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

It really depends on the skill of the archer and the skill of the builder. If there are no trees the archer is screwed.

Boxpipe and arcanecat like this.
  10. This tower isn't very good. One bomb and a teeny bit of slashing and its gone.

Boxpipe likes this.
  11. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

That, I agree with. My comment was somewhat off-topic and not related to the building itself, but more about the fighting techniques of the occupants of said tower.

Boxpipe likes this.
  12. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Thanks for the feedback! I've been trying to develop a better, smaller, and more compact trap that would be similar to the Trasher. This is the result:

Screen shot 2013-02-25 at 3.42.33 PM.png

This trap can also be integrated into a building, with this as a result:

Screen shot 2013-02-25 at 4.15.21 PM.png

Boxpipe and I3lue like this.
  13. A bomb could fit through that I think

Boxpipe likes this.
  14. This looks very easy to make and pretty effective. Maybe add something from the rake where the one way thing is?

Here's what I came up with..

Also added a place for workshops :D
    [​IMG]

15. [​IMG]I made this one ;o_o;

Boxpipe and rocker2 like this.
  16. That works except knights can slash at builders trying to collapse the stuff.. :skull:

Boxpipe and -Relentless- like this.
  17. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

If I was a knight and I saw this I'd think, I need 2 bombs and it's gone. Also knights who know how to bombjump could bombjump over it. A knight could destroy that trapdoor 4 blocks above the ground and get in safely, then destroy it as well. Overall, it's an okay building but needs some fixing up.

Boxpipe likes this.
  18. Yeah, mine sucks cuz i'm no builder
    </br>--- merged: Mar 2, 2013 5:10 PM ---</br>
    [​IMG]There =3

19. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Thats really good.
    The most important thing of a trap is that its hard to destroy it with bombs.
    The only way to destroy this with bombs is by throwing one, waiting, then throwing another one, waiting... till it collapses, and then get the hell out.
    You've combined a bombpit, some Acavado spikes, and a collapsing door in a way I hadn't seen before.
    I like the bombpit, its the first time (well, after rocker2's trap...) I've seen someone use it in a trap like this one.
    More egoboost needed?
    </br>--- merged: Mar 9, 2013 3:23 PM ---</br>
    Cookie earned.

Boxpipe and CrystalClear like this.
  20. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

add a spike on first trap bridge, then a trap bridge direcly below that, harder for knights to break trap bridges...

Boxpipe likes this.