1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[749][Gen] Beta Archers

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Ne3zy, May 4, 2013.

1. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

Nobody made a thread yet but everybody knows it, archers are so overpowered now. Knights got nerfed and archers overbuffed, let's see some of the main changes :

Knights :
    - Smaller jab hitbox (and longer animation, but I'm not sure)
    - Smaller shield hitbox
    - Slash don't make you catch up escaping archers as it did before
    - Double slash harder to do since you have to charge it
    - You can hold the slash longer
    - Can only have 1 bomb
    - Bombs are pretty bad now
    - Can't cancel slash with shield anymore
    - Shield is slower to equip
    - Can't break a lot of blocks they used to break
    - Bombjumps nerfed, and double bombjumps deleted

Archers :
    - Climb faster on trees, added mobility overall
    - Can arrow spam, again
    - Arrows charge faster
    - Medium charged arrows stun the same as full ones
    - Have a melee attack
    - Melee remove 3 hearts if it's a backstab (2D game, 1/2 'chances' to backstab :thumbs_up: )
    - Fire arrows
    - Satchels
    - I suggest adding rocket launchers and claymores

Archers are knights, knights are shit. Just wait archers to get more skilled than now and it will be worse, debate about what changes are needed...

Awesomer and GloriousToast like this.
  2. eamono

eamono Arsonist

we have a beta forum for a reason, and their isn't a suggestion section there because the game isn't finished yet. and archers only need a slight nerf, probably to move speed and draw time, and remove backstabs.

also
    they still insta kill archers and builders AND you have way more control and range when throwing bombs, if anything they are better

3. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

4. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

One of my only problems is that when I try to stab someone as archer, it never hits them. Also, I miss charge bar. That was great.

5. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

lol no, the only thing they have is faster movespeed but you could do it on normal KAG if you slash at the same time

6. miniu

miniu Haxor

Archers are to op, bombs are shitty right now :c

Evan5567, GloriousToast and ewox250 like this.
  7. eamono

eamono Arsonist

how are bombs shitty now? a direct hit kills anyone and you can control the arc and power of the throw easily, they are amazing anti-ship weapons, if you get one right inside the ship it will kill most of the people in it and your team will be able to steal the ship

Noonan likes this.
  8. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

If you can't see old bombs were better then you never played KAG before, seriously..

Evan5567 and miniu like this.
  9. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I played KAG classic, the only thing that makes old bombs better is timer, new bombs give you more control, are produced for free (50 gold technically), can break more then 1 block, has a bigger blast radius, AND they still insta-kill. You can carry 3 bombs in classic but in KAB bombs are all over the place.

Let's just agree to disagree, this conversation won't be making any advancements anytime soon.

10. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

Yes they may have a bigger radius but they have a smaller insta-kill radius, you also can't throw them as far as you did, they are bigger so they are easy to spot and I don't think they can go trough 1x1 passage, also they don't explode more blocks. Futhermore as you said you can only have 1, yes it's free but I prefer having 1 paying classic one than 1 of these free ones..

EDIT: Just noticied they don't insta-kill knights since they only remove 3 hearts ;)

Shadza and Guitarman like this.
  11. Noonan

Noonan Poots Donator

First of all, I'd like to agree with eamono, bombs are brilliant, but are something you actually have to learn to use. Also, knights are not 'shit', archers are just overpowered (I agree with that).

I do believe double bomb jumping is possible.

It's not called chance, if you're standing directly in front of a knight and you both don't move you will have a 100% chance of hitting him in the front.

You can carry two bombs.

I3lue and eamono like this.
  12. eamono

eamono Arsonist

knights spawn with 3 hearts, and can get a forth in the kitchen, so it instakills the stupid ones

13. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

I agree, because as archer, there was a bomb about 3-4 blocks away from me, exploded in front of me, and I was stunned at took 1/2 damage I believe. Or 2 hearts. Idk.
    EDIT: I don't think this has anything to do with anything.

14. bigi555

bigi555 Builder Stabber

I cannot agree with eamono and Noonan about the bombs. Yes, indeed they instakill archers and builders, but now they're much easier to escape. Also, its much easier for the knights to defend themselves from the bombs, which makes them absolutely useless against them. Another thing is that they do way too less damage over blocks and structures.

15. miniu

miniu Haxor

I would like bomb timer and archer & knight loading sign

16. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Well... Lets start another flamewar by giving my opinion. -_-

I don't really agree with archer being more OP.
    Sure, knight has been nerfed, but so has archer.
    Archers cannot shoot as far as they used to, so they will have to get out of their castles and fight like (less wimpy) men to be effective.
    The nerfs on knight are mainly about bombs, but a good bombthrow will always work. Bombs were kindoff an instakill anyway. IMO, this is better. (To those who disagree: Is it because you love to kill twenty people with a single 'nade, or because you really think they have been nerfed too much?)

Oh, and as MM said, the beta is bugridden and not finished.

17. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

yea true having arrow spam back and medium charged arrows stun additioned to almost insta-kill backstabs on knights at melee range and added mobility is not OP for sure (not talking about fire, etc) !
    In fact we should buff archers, why not add them super saiyan mode and make all their arrows insta-killing laser beams of the death (they also gain 17 extra hearts of course) !

18. miniu

miniu Haxor

Hahahahaha , stop being mad. Archers could have 5-10% faster max, and knife only to other archers. Also max stack for fire arrows may be 10 (that will be better)

19. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

They can only half kill knights when aproached from behind. Thats nearly impossible in a multiplayer game.
    The medium charges now only do half a heart of damage. Twice as much arrows are needed to kill ( make that 1 and a third: knights have an extra heart) and knights can run pretty fast with their shield up. Fire is expensive, and is put out easily, especially when water is close to the fort (and on a war map, forts are always built near water, because water is kina everywhere)
    I always try to explain my statements, but I keep getting reactions from dickheads such as yourself. Just say what you think should be done to fix the problem instead of bitching about it. Nothing will change if you tell the devs you dislike their updates. Why not tell them hoe to fix it?

(Typing on ridiculously small screen of ridiculously small device. Excuse me for the typos and stuff -.- )

20. CookieEpic

CookieEpic Shopkeep Stealer

Everyone should stop arguing- If it becomes a real problem, the devs will most likely fix it in the next beta patch. If the game isn't fun (like they have said before) they will simply try and patch it into something more enjoyable. So if archers are truly stronger than knights in an actual multiplayer game (not percentages), and the community asks them to change it- They'll probably consider it.

I'm not a game developer, but if i was i would want to make my game as enjoyable as possible- That's the point, right?

Beta is beta. :)

NinjaCell, miniu and Gofio like this.