1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[827] Knight Mobility

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Jlordo, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

It has always been mysterious on how the heavily armored knight can run so quickly and jump so high. However, when experimenting in sandbox, I found knights can get over 7 block tall walls.
    Through a series of slash jumping, wall jumping, and shield gliding, you can get over these structures.
    My astonishment:
    screen-13-07-25-16-02-49.png
    It took me a fucking lot number of tries, but the fact that I could do it, was incredible. Remember, that's nearly double of what could be done in classic.
    Thoughts?

E: Now I better go master it and get called a h4x0r.

Sarathos likes this.
  2. eamono

eamono Arsonist

could you post a video or at least the steps to do it? I can get up 4-5 block walls every so often, but 7 is insane.

But on the topic of knight mobility: Knights need to be fast, if they could be out-run then they would be useless

3. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

What I do, is I slash jump for max height, wall jump off the wall, then then tap rmb for a mini height boost and hope I can clamber over the edge. Might get around to a video.
    And for the running fast thingy, I just felt it was a good way to start the post. :p

4. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I tested a bit and I was able to to get 7 blocks up, it took me a while but it worked 0_0

I vote they remove the double slash jump, if your good at it you can jump 5-6 blocks easily, and 7 is just crazy

5. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

I was trying to get a video but failed miserably. At least now you see it's possible.

6. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

You used to be able to climb 8 blocks high, but then the devs implemented a short time interval between any other action / shielding.
    ;__;

inactive_account likes this.
  7. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Knight mobility adds to the game's current issue: buildings are underpowered.
    Build any kind of siege equipment, get that sucker over to a building, and bam - the whole thing is done for. Building a lot is hard, too, because resources seem to get spent a lot quicker than they did in Alpha....

8. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Except for catapults. Those things cant do shit unless they are used like they are supposed to, and use boulders. Not too many people realize how powerful boulders are versus buildings.

9. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

This is why I press "5" when ever a knight ninjas his way into my base and my spike spamming makes him eat shit

10. cschm49

cschm49 Shopkeep Stealer

Some people just want to watch the world burn :noburu:

11. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

No just knights who go out of there way to chase and slaughter me

12. Force

Force Shark Slayer

I tend to find that shielding up gives a short upwards boost.

13. cschm49

cschm49 Shopkeep Stealer

When do you shield up? At the start of the jump or half way?

14. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Near the end. I had said...

15. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Works with both. With the full jump though... it does get you higher. And isnt just part of the jump.

16. Korin

Korin Shark Slayer

I've scaled entire forts 15+ blocks tall. Just takes me a minute or two.

17. Boea

Boea Such Beta

As it stands [866] you can get over any smooth surface if you glide+wallrun.

18. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I got 12 blocks once

19. You can get even higher in the new update. xD

20. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

No. Not burn... more than that. Some people just want to watch the world get impaled. :I

butterscotch, amgtree and Guitarman like this.