1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[921] Should archers have old knife back?

Discussion in 'Archer' started by fadeddeathkirby, Oct 26, 2013.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. The knife is awesome!

21.1%
  2. The grappling hook is awesome!

68.4%
  3. I don't really care...

31.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fadeddeathkirby

fadeddeathkirby Shipwright

So those of us who found the beta early on, we saw that the archer had a knife that could make arrows and backstab unsuspecting players. I used to love being an assassin hiding in a bush and getting that pesky builder or knight. We could also use the knife to collect arrows from trees! Highly useful for those who hate having to buy arrows or have to wait for more arrows because everyone wants to be an archer. The knife allowed us to do all of these things. Now we have the grappling hook. In my opinion, I do believe that the grappling hook is over powered. Instead of strategically shooting arrows in the right spot to climb a wall, we can now pull yourself up any obstacle that blocks the path. Now I played as an archer with the grappling hook, and let me tell you, I was over any wall, Any! So let me know what you liked better, the knife, of the grappling hook.

kilmanio likes this.
  2. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Id take the grappling hook over the knife any day, its far more useful and less of a cheap gimmick the knife was.

3. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

The knife was complete bullshit. It was a weak weapon that relied on luck and lag to do anything. Backstabs in a 2d was a horrid idea.

4. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

I have to agree with the two above me, the knife was just rage inducing and annoying, made lag even more annoying, and being someone like me who has not-so-great internet it was impossible to make useful!

It would be nice to get arrows from trees again, though, so I do wish there was some way to do that! But the grapple is better in every other way! (More enjoyable, more useful, and makes archers able to ninja a lot more along with allowing them into bases where even knights can get into!)

5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I kind of want to be able to replace bow with knife just because SNK.

Guitarman, Piano and Mazey like this.
  6. And what did you accomplish since then? My guess is you got demolished by knights.

That's how overpowered the grappling hook is.

kilmanio likes this.
  7. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Im sure its possible to mod in a class that uses the grappling hook and knife, and can place satchel charges :o
    (rogueftw)

8. now i cant tell what EJ is saying but if it is that he likes knife more, i agree. The GHook is fun but is useless at many times, so you can jump over an obstacle "OOOOO SO GOOD ITS NOT LAKE YOU COULD WALL JUMP OR GET A BUILDER TO LADDER OVER IT ANYWAY". Also i liked how much the "hide" feature was involved, I got MANY kills with the knife, all it took was a quick hand and a body to hide behind, plus when you get a knife kill you laugh endlessly. OVERALL I THINK KEEP BOTH AND MAKE THE KNIFE THE ARCHER UTILITY!!!!!!!!!(SPACEBAR)UNLESS YOU COULD GIVE HIM SATCHEL CHARGES LIKE One SAID.:smug::spam::r_flex:

9. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Due to the somewhat interesting state of the network code, using a knife was a matter of gamble, not a skill. It was rarely very useful, it was always getting that random backstab hit. It provided a false sense of security, making archers think that they were viable in melee range, when truly they weren't.

10. windwizard999

windwizard999 Haxor

Keep the grappling hook. If you want a knife, you want a mod. :P

11. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

yea, anyone that actually liked the knife had issues::D:, the grapling hook is way better then anything the knife ever could have given archers. before archers were just easy pray to knights but now they can get away. this is good thing for archers because they are archers and should have more reliable instant mobility than knights do. but yea man grappling hook=best :wink:

12. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

As soon as grappling hook came out I tried this lol. But even with the guidance of Rayne all I ended up doing was disabling grapple altogether. After this catastrophic failure I never modded again.

Hawxx likes this.
  13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Knife won't happen, locked.

Lava and Duplolas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.