1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[926] CQC Defense?

Discussion in 'Archer' started by TheChosenOne2000, Oct 30, 2013.

?

Agree

1. YAH

34.5%
  2. NAH

65.5%
  1. So I know that there will be no more knife but perhaps archers could gain some special item (would become utility) to give the archer some CQC balance. Also maybe they could light kegs or just move faster or some other advantage.Thx For Reading Hope Nothing Is Spelled Wrong :):):)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  2. Boea

Boea Such Beta

The archers have overcharge, and close range stun; getting close to them when they don't want you to is tricky business. Otherwise they have the ability to hide behind bushes with their crouch, in the trees with the hook, or simply hook themselves somewhere else or impractical to get to.

Giving them the ability to light kegs allows them to pretty much keg anything under the god damn sky.
    I'd rather stick to archers ferrying kegs to knights, or ferrying already lit kegs. This puts a hard limit on the archers' already destructive capabilities.

As far as giving the grapple hook the ability to hurt people... No, archers can spam the hooks pretty fast, and it would translate into either archers being even more unfathomable to deal with in close quarters, or, in the case of giving the grapple hook a cool down, make the grapple very cumbersome and clunky.

3. how do you close range stun? Also CQC stun dosent help when you cant strike them witha nything at close range.
    second, i didnt say GHook attack would be good i just said it might happen.
    third, archers have no reason for stealth of they are long ranged dumbo ;)
    fourth, archers, compared to knights, are WAAAAY too underpowered.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  4. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Wat.

There are so many thing wrong with this post
    1. Full power arrows at very close range break the shield and stun. Using the legolas shot, you can have the first stun, and the next two arrows deal damage
    2. You suggested the idea. That mean we can critique it.
    3. It's very viable to play close range archer, they have multiple close range attacks.
    4. From your previous posts, I believe you worded that incorrectly. You just said that archers are overpowered, while you probably meant that knights are overpowered.

BlueLuigi and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  5. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Withing about 10 or 13 blocks, and a fully charged arrow, you stun pretty much anything.
    Overcharge fires three fully charged arrows, by the way, which is why I really don't like archers at close range.

Also, you were suggesting that "archers could have" damage on their grapple, or be able to light kegs.
    I provided my thoughts, and experience as and against an archer to say why it is a bad idea to allow such a thing to happen.
    Saying it could happen doesn't provide a counterpoint, or argument as to why archers should have the ability.

Stealth is surprisingly important in KAG Beta, but in general it falls under the concept of "Good Strategy" and "Situational Awareness".
    It is always a good strategy to get the first hit off in an exchange [which can done by stealth, or hiding behind a corner].
    Mines are only really useful when placed correctly [stealthy placement can prevent the mine from being disarmed, or guarantees a kill]; the same goes for traps, in that they have a longer lifetime/greater utility if they aren't easily found out and destroyed/avoided.
    For an archer, often times what they need to fire at is either far away, or heavily protected.
    Stealth allows them to get close enough, or allows them to take the shot.

Archers end up being incredibly agile flag runners to the point of ending games extremely early.
    They have arson, which allows them to immolate people, and burin down entire buildings or fortifications.
    They have bomb arrows. Bomb arrows wreck doors, and chew threw walls, but best yet, they allow the archer incredible control over what they destroy.
    Archers can have 2 water arrows per stack, which allows them twice the capacity to use water ammo to stun people, but they also have precise control over where it can land, and range.
    The Overcharge allows them to kill Builders outright, half kill Knights, and set fire to or bomb through buildings completely.

I don't understand why you say archers are weak, they are down right annoying, and every other class has a similar capacity to ruin your day.

Kramgnauh, Shambls and Froghead48 like this.
  6. Here at TheChosenOneIndustries, we don't ask questions like why, we ask questions like why not(ZOIDBERG)?
    Archer has an open utility, and a good, balanced weapon could prove use full through stealth and patience

7. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Again, legolas shot. Hide, wait for someone unsuspecting to pass by, fire at them for 3 hearts of damage. Much better than knife, imo.

BlueLuigi, Hawxx and Froghead48 like this.
  8. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

UnnamedPlayer, Froghead48 and Reudh like this.
  9. Boea

Boea Such Beta

The knife was pretty much useless.
    Horrible with ping Bias, slow anim, slow movement, easily telegraphed, hit detection that sucked so much cock...

The Stealth and Patiene pretty much allows them to sneak up on a good spot, and wtf overcharge, or water/fire/bomb arrow things.
    It is annoying as hell when they overcharge unto torture, but it makes them seem balanced.

Auburn likes this.
  10. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Moved to Archer sub section of C&M. I don't know why you thought it belonged in Community Dev Center.

Froghead48 likes this.
  11. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

I think this is another thing that is less linked to the class being overpowered/underpowered and more due to a players skill. Practice and play more with the archer and you will realize its current potential. Maybe then you will be worthy to have One in your name ;)

12. First, Thanks Auburn, second i am sorry i didnt know you could charge legolas shot WHILE CROUCHING, and third, i have been playing kag since a year before beta, what was trying to be a content suggestion has apparently become a place for some smug player to insult my skill, i only have good words for Auburn, for the rest, i could care less(except Kouji cuz ill get some warning:X3:). all i want, is some feedback on what i posted about.

13. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

You couldn't knife while crouching either. Go hide in a tree or something.
    Good for you.
    He's not THAT mean, and we did critique it. Though we can also critique the suggester.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
    Ej and Froghead48 like this.
  14. crouching was fast, but i hate arguments so ok good pep talk

15. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I would really like it if archers could light a Keg. But maybe not be able to use grapple with it?

16. JTG

JTG Bison Rider Tester

To be frank eragon I have no clue why all the classes can't use kegs like they used to be able to, but its whatever.

17. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Its because bombs are the knight's specialty. Thank about it this way. Whenever I play builder I tunnel. Im basically just a mole making tunnels going every where. As a builder mole I don't have much to protect myself. I can't see very well, don't move too fast, I am very weak, and my attacks don't do much. My survival rate on the surface is basically zilch. Though, imagine a mole that goes anywhere on the map he wants with a giant explosive strapped to his back. In some cases you would even need to be on the surface. You simply could dig underneath a structure, plant the keg, and boom, down goes the entire building. It would be OP as hell.

Now compare that to a knight. He can't dig very fast, though I dig a lot with him nonetheless. Basically all he does is prowl the surface looking for the next kill. Having him being able to use a keg makes sense.

Archers, well, I wouldn't want anyone who can simply climb over and building he wants to be able to then blow up anything he wants too.

18. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

@Duplolas
    As builders, you could dig under with a keg, a few materials, make a knight shop and swap. What, 190 wood to do this?

And any half decent team should be able to spot and murder a measly 2 hearts archer that tries to spider man his way up the wall.

IMO, all classes really should be able to light kegs.

19. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

So to build the knight workshop you have to hole out an area that is big enough for it. That requires time. Time that you never have enough of. Also I don't think anyone could ever say that they ever have had enough materials to build anything after doing that big of a tunnel.

20. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Dude to break about 3 blocks (because you have already broken the 6 for your tunnel) of dirt or stone takes about 15 secounds. It doesn't use alot of time just to do it. Its a thumbs down from me :thumbs_down:
    And also you should have 160 wood for the knight shop. Atleast that.