1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[939] I love buying a mine and putting it in my inventory

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Klokinator, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Seriously, this is my new favorite thing to do. I don't actually have to set the mine anywhere, but by putting it in my inventory, it drops on my death and arms itself. Many times today did I die, only to get a hilarious revenge on the one who killed me when two seconds later he blows up on that same goddamned mine.

Best of all, it works for all classes, and all mines in your inventory drop simultaneously. I bought two mines, died, and when one killed an enemy, the guy following behind him walked right into the second one. (Yeah they don't blow each other up on detonation XD)

Thank you for this. But please never do this for kegs lol way too much OPness being able to hide that shit in my inventory.

2. Taiga

Taiga Based God Donator

That is a cool mechanic, I had no idea it even existed nor could I do that hahaha, nice find.

3. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

I love doing that to. One experience with that in-game. I was catapulted over red's tower and I was the only guy, I owned some people because I can do that in Beta sometimes :) but eventually there were just too many, they eventually pounced me and I was getting raped to death by 8-10 players. I died but when I respawned my mine did its damage. destroyed the top half of there tower and killed all the people on it!!!

Best experience KAG!

4. Miletozz

Miletozz Catapult Fodder

lol i will test this strategy later. i love this game so much!

5. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I used to do that all the time, but i find that noobs like to jab spam. So when they kill me with their jab spam, they also destroy the mine before it could even activate ::P:

I like to use mines as a cheap alternatives to kegs. I would usually buy 1 mine and 3 regular bombs. Afterwards, I would need to kill an enemy or find a dead body of an enemy. This can be hard as stupid teammates have to eat the enemies bodies when they see them:huh?: . Place down the mine near the enemies flag, pick up the dead body, and run into the mine with my shield against it, and boom! You now have access to the enemies' flag 78787878787878787878787878787878

Only problem with this is that it takes a longer to set up then to just light a keg and that the explosion range is not as big. However, it's cheaper and you can carry it in your inventory, which I think is a better way to get to the enemies flag than a keg.

6. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I find this really unreliable as mines are easily disarmed on random unprotected drops and you don't get as much precision as when you place it yourself. That said I have little experience with dying so I guess I can't comment.

I'm scooting this over to C&M. FUCK YOU EJ

Rayne, Sir_Walter, sheek and 3 others like this.
  7. Bernhardt

Bernhardt Builder Stabber

Thanks for the idea, Klok!

It is so simple, but it is great to keep discovering these small little features.

Keeps the game interesting.

8. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I do that since there is mines in KAG x)
    Otherwise I enjoyed doing that with kegs but can't anymore since few months.. :<

9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I ave a habit of pressing shield the moment I kill a lone enemy, so it doesn't really work on me either. It's still hilarious in these nooby servers though xP

Also holy shit kag's playerbase has more than doubled since steam release :O

Saigon likes this.
  10. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You should just keep jabbing when you kill an enemy. It takes some seconds for a mine to deploy, and you can just destroy it by jabbing...

Galabranth and link6155 like this.
  11. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

I never knew about this trick! That's really cool Klok. I have also found that mines are extremely useful in cases of breaking into fortresses. I once took out an entire tomb with a mine, and one of my team mates bombing skills. Those reds never saw it coming. Although, I usually set up the mines first, then I throw a corpse at it, for a controlled explosion, as it was called by someone else.

12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

>See a guy constantly has mines
    >Kill him near his tower/door

There are drawbacks to this, and that's not the only one.

RogueCupcake likes this.
  13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I find this is most effective as archer; I do it as knight for a good way to breach walls but as archer you can sacrifice 2 slots for 2 mines, grab a corpse off the field and really blow the shit out of a tower from the inside with grapple. More oomph than bomb arrows but I guess a fair bit more expensive.

BlueLuigi, rymcd, Asu and 1 other person like this.
  14. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

I could see this being amazing for offensive builders taking out towers, since there's usually enough chaos in a sapping scenario that disarming the mine becomes impractical. It gives the builder a nice "dead man's trigger" to get some more damage in on a building he saps, especially if he digs in a little first.

emasame likes this.