1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[998] My First BETA Building

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by CoD, Jan 24, 2014.

?

Thoughts?

1. You're a god

5.9%
  2. Pre' good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Lol it's k

17.6%
  4. 3/10

47.1%
  5. Un-install KAG

29.4%
  1. CoD

CoD Haxor

Sorry for the name, plz don't judg mi.

So as you might've grasped this is my first tower I've uploaded for the BETA version of KAG. I've uploaded 3 structures before in the Classic version of the game and it is definitely different from a building perspective.

screen-14-01-24-17-03-42.png
    This is the cheaper/base version of the tower it costs about 350 stone and maybe 50 wood. However the structure is very versatile and you can easily make it cheaper by perhaps removing some backwall, replacing some stone with wood, thinning out the wall furthest to the left or making the overhang simpler.

If you have extra resources you could make it more advanced by adding in workshops or making it more defensive. Like this perhaps:
    screen-14-01-24-17-06-33.png

It is a good tower to put up quickly either in building time or the start of a game and is relatively easy to repair.

Archers can shoot from the overhang and knights can jump down and attack.

Overall I find it to be a solid all round tower that is good both on the offensive and defensive.

2. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Looks cool, but it's way too short for beta. A slashjumping knight could clear that without a second thought. If it was ~3 blocks higher it would be better off.

Edit: A single arced bomb arrow could knock down the overhang of the cheap version btw. =)

Edit2: A fun thing to do with the expensive version would be to use wood platforms as one-way doors leading into the spikes, trapping enemies against them.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    crawfish likes this.
  3. crawfish

crawfish Ballista Bolt Thrower

Yea it needs to be higher, I could see myself easily jumping over it.:rekt:

4. CoD

CoD Haxor

I know it should be higher, I made this whilst on holiday with internet for a week and completely forgot about the logistics of the game...

5. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

So perhaps, something more like this.
    screen-14-01-24-03-09-40.png

A taller version of your expensive build.. It's almost 200 stone more, not counting the extra spikes i put because hooray sandbox.

crawfish likes this.
  6. crawfish

crawfish Ballista Bolt Thrower

This is much better.:thumbs_up: