1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

A Few Notes on B907

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Oct 11, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

The chickens breeding exponentially is an issue - we’ll be releasing a patch over the weekend to address this asap; please farm chickens responsibly in the meantime (cull as needed, ideally flying birds contributing to overpopulation towards the enemy) :^)

The patch over the weekend will also include some balance changes to builder and archer - archer’s bomb arrow getting an overhaul, and builder block placement and destruction being more tolerant.

A summary of inbound changes:

• Fixed chicken breeding (accounting for overcrowding)
    • Bomb arrow explodes on impact.
    • Bomb arrow does 1.5 health explosion, 1 health arrow impact
    • Bomb arrow explosion does very large damage to structures and vehicles.
    • Bomb arrow only breaks 1 tile “radius” like bombs.
    • Bomb arrow explosion hurts user.
    • Builder aiming of placement and destruction is more lenient
    • Ladder has team (and team colour) - no more cutting them accidentally as knight.
    • Ladder easier to smash for builder (3 hits).
    • Tunnel costs 100 stone, 50 wood
    • Scroll of Midas fixed
    • Drill much more effective against constructed tiles (heats at 1/3 speed)

Note that this should allow archers with bomb arrows to take on a sapper role - sinking boats, killing catapults and sapping workshops. It should also help “battle builders” a little - they’ll spend less time aiming exactly at the tile they want to break and more time breaking it - and their ladders won’t be smashed by team-mates every single time they put one down :^)

Should be out tomorrow, sorry for the delay on it.

Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

2. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

o-o...
    There's chickens? WHAT!?
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 11, 2013, Original Post Date: Oct 11, 2013 ---
    Now I got a greater reason to make an angry birds mod... if only someone could like.. help ;w;

3. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Over-breeding chickens never really has been problem; chickens breed so slowly, or the eggs are so easily eaten by accident.
    Anyways, if this means better breeding [faster, but team capped], or buying eggs, then yes please!

Making the drills heat less is nice, but for some reason they chew through stone doors faster than dirt, it must be a glicth.

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It's not, we don't want them used to drill mindlessly under the ground, and do want them to be used to drill structures and for materials - drilling materials (gold, stone) doesn't heat at all.

5. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I dont think me meant heatless... he meant heat less... as in like.. burning out in such a short time. Everything else about it is fine, just that rapid burn out.

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Wait, so I can drill into stone and gold as much as I want? Same for structures? Well... fuck. That's useful to know.

Also, knights can use drills. Finally I have a way to get through structures as a knight.

I'm really hoping that builders mining enemy/ally structures will get them the resources back or partial resource return in the near future.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  7. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Isn't resource return already implanted?
    Or are you talking about resource return with drills?

8. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I hadn't noticed any resource return in the newest build. Accidentally placed doors and walls many times and I didn't see my resources go up.

9. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

@Klokinator
    I believe it's just for wood and stone blocks, not doors. I'll post a screenshot.
    E: Here it is:
    No stone: screen-13-10-14-11-15-41.png
    Hit the blocks a few times; stone: screen-13-10-14-11-15-46.png

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013