1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

A few questions about file changing and such

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by BlueLuigi, Nov 25, 2011.

1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

1) Is it possible to give one team building time but not the other

2)Is it possible to restrict builders to only building certain items? (i.e No stone, etc)

3)Is it possible to switch between different gamemodes without restarting the server? (if not, feature request please :<)

4)Is it possible to set map specific starting resources (Probably goes with 3), for example playing Attack / Defend, you may want to give both teams 1 bomb on some maps, and only Blue Team bombs on another map. One general overview of balance may not work for everything.

5)I've noticed it details sprites as well as colors in the gamemode files, if I were to for example change these, people would have to download them themselves before connecting to that mode? But could I reference for example Sprite/Zombies.png and it would search their folder for that specific sprite? Do colors work? (Anything like Battle of Wesnoth?)

2. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

1) Not currently
    2)Not currently, but planned
    3)Not currently, but planned
    4)Not currently, but planned
    5)No Ida there.

Me and some others have talked on IRC and such with Geti about all of these at one point or another aside from number 5.