1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

A supporting roll in KAG!

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by FlameHaze3, Feb 7, 2012.

1. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Hello Gentlemen, and welcome to a very helpful tip for long term battles, that will give your team a large advantage in building DURING the game.

*This only works while in maps with 250 second+ build phase, otherwise the helpfulness long term is significantly diminished.

You ever notice that after the start of a match you never have enough materials? Well here's how to fix it, for your whole team, and get you tons of points on the score board.

*During build phase there is infinite materials at the spawning tent, naturally.
    *Use this to amass as many team doors in the back of the base as possible, and hit them all 1 time.
    *When team doors are injured, you can hit them when they are open(somone is moving through them) this includes you AND the enemies team doors, they are 1-shot-able when open and damaged at all.

**Side note glitch, When a builder rushes an enemy base, you can hit their door 1 time, and place your own door over theirs if you have the lumber, like an infection.

*Now that you have hundreds of team door in the back, when builders come by mining wood and stone, you may just drop it off to them so they may rush back to the front line INSTANTLY!!! (as you will have easily gather 8 team doors worth [240 lumber] for them, and mined stone the whole time.)
    *Since you gain money while mining stone, you may buy arrows and bombs for the army while they spawn, another great way to assist them even more.

Overall this supports the front line, and used on a pro level (clans making strategies) it will make a SERIOUSLY HUGE IMPACT, as the front line for your team will be ever expanding, with builders making your castle. I have done this many times now, and notice a significantly higher win ratio than normal. Any thoughts or opinions on this strategy? Tips to making this even better is always appreciated too.

HERaLD likes this.
  2. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Some people may think that you're a noob builder stacking doors.

3. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Although this is a true aspect for the common players, when you get to clan matches, or if it becomes a regular idea, it definitly makes a boost to the outcome of a match.
    What i really look forward to right now is some opinions on if clans would consider using this is their matches or not, i know there are a few clans out their that are well known!

POWER, BoW, and MOLE to name a few (if i missed some high up clans, im sry, do not take this as an insult), and i hope to here some comments from them, or maybe some KAG Gaurds or Mods too, on what they think of me incorperating such a role in the game they have designed. Taking a new look at how it can be played ^^

4. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

This certainly helps the team a lot, though sitting back at your main base doesn't quite work on big maps. Using up your money is especially important. It's always sad to see builders die and explode with a rain of coins. ;) Any decent knight can get a frag or two for your team with every bomb you give him (not to mention bomb-jumping and demolition possibilities) and archers shooting continously instead of cutting trees are essential.
    The door trick might be considered an exploit, dropping materials during build phase has been made impossible for the same reason. But I can't really see how to remove this possibility, it also requires much more effort and a dedicated player, so it seems a viable way to store lots of wood. ;)

Contrary likes this.
  5. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

At the end of the day, the only difference between this and a storage pile for wood is that you have to break it first :)

Shadlington and Noburu like this.
  6. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

7. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Completely agree, but thats why you fund your armies ammunition and explosives ^^

Although i agree its an exploit, and will probably be resolved at some point or another, i thought this was a valid thing to bring up, it opens a whole new way of thinking for
    how you can play games not designed for such a role ;P

Also, would we get in trouble for said exploit?

8. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

You don't get in trouble for most exploits, in fact half of the game's mechanics started as exploits/glitches. See: double slash, notch climbing, etc.

Um I think back when open doors could be broken without being damaged first this was something you'd see now and then. Workshops are the favoured means of storing resources now it seems. Also, I don't think people usually play clan matches with more than minute or two of building time, so everyones just scrambling to get shops and rudimentary defenses up. Could work though, would certainly help speed up our trademark cata spam.

Finding this was great though.

9. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Oh wow, i was hoping for KAG Gaurds and such to comment, but i never imagined i would catch the eye of the MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE!!! Ahaha, jk.

Anyways, what exactly is the output for breaking a shop (Stone/Lumber), and i think it would take longer to make the shops to break them, and takes up 9 spaces instead of 1. Also yeah, 1 of the matches i played we made Cata spam, was funny steamroll match xD

10. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I don't know, depending how many trees there are on the specific map/seed you're playing, (I've seen a few map seeds with as few as 2 tree for each team). This may or may not be as useful as putting up some towers.

Additionally, every time you go back to the tent you get: 200 stone and 120 wood. I think the most use of your time would be placing stone as fast as possible, because you don't have to make as many trips that way to save as much of that resource. (I find a lot of time is wasted running around instead of building during the building phase).

11. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Are you suggesting stacking stone??? Those take 7 hits to break, and you only get 10 back, i would rather go hit normal rock 5 times, or harder rock 3 times(giving 12 allready) And this strategy is to make sure the front line is always stacked with well-equipped players, instead of wasting time hitting a tree 3 times for 10 wood, the second you go back, that person drops you 240 instantly! And this also makes it so archers never have to mine for arrows when spawning if they're out of money :)

And as for so few trees, this makes the idea even better, as your only stacking the doors during build phase, so your output of wood will be FAR FAR FAR Greater than that of your enemies.

12. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

1 workshop tile gives back 10 stone and 10 wood with one hit (full cost refund). Not that great, but decent I guess.

One thing I noticed is that it can be used to 'grow' stone. If you break the stone background too, you get 12 stone back for a cost of 10. Useless but interesting. :)

EDIT

Well, actually it might be of some use, but I won't publicize my idea because it's a clear exploit. ;p

13. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator

Well, I'm not suggesting stockpiling stone, I'm suggesting that you simply build towers instead of stockpile resources for them later. This way when the round starts you have a good home defense and you can concentrate on putting up offensive structures beyond your home defense. Using doors to stockpile wood in the back is nice, but you can't really build a great structure out of just wood.

EDIT: At least not yet.

14. Vivicus

Vivicus KAG Guard Tester

[​IMG]

... It's all I could find on such short notice. What I wanted was a load-bearing chunk of bread, but alas. The internet was a cruel mistress this day.

Kyzak, Birdman159 and Beef like this.
  15. blubex

blubex Shipwright

I own a similar product - more of a generic brand roll.

16. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

My only problem is that when you are spending time punching the doors to almost-death, you could be building stuff instead; this is doubly, if not quintruply, important in a clan match, where you are going to want to get the best defences up as possible.
    Whilst a wood/stone storage is useful, you have to remember that one could be vital in the first push, and that your assistance in the building phase rather than vigorously prodding chunks of wood and stone helps. Maybe lots.

17. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

[​IMG]
    This bread provides decent support for your feet.

On Topic: The building doors in the back as a for of wood storage is great for maps where you only have one or tree at readily available. On maps with basically no trees, wood becomes absurdly valuable. It's absurdly difficult to build defenses with out wood. How do you make a team only entrance with only stone? You basically can't, you need either trap bridges or team doors.

That said it's not something I would do unless the map was had a very low resource of wood, like 0-1 trees per team. Otherwise, it might be better to spend your time building structures up front and stealing the other teams wood from either builders, breaking enemy doors/bridges or building uncompleted workshops (as it's much quicker).

b0c0r and Vivicus like this.
  18. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Well this is only 1 person, and many maps with the 250s timers have over 20 people on each side, plenty of towers will allready be taken care of, 1 person making all the resources for the entire team is a great help!

On a side note, no GREAT structure can be built with just stone either, this is aimed for DURING the game, so you will have all the materials you need, instead of just mining wood every time you need it, cuz often you dont have long to throw up supplies to reinforce a front structure under assault, this way you would always have the Materials :eek:

You only have to hit each door 1 time, then you can break them while they are "open" in a single hit, if you had to hit them 6 times for every block, this would be a clearly unreasonable storage.

19. bruthsaw

bruthsaw Shopkeep Stealer

With this in mind i think you should only get back half of what you put in, but this isnt the right place to post that, and is it really an exploit or just using the game mechanics to get an upper-hand.
    Back on topic, this is a great idea. Especially for people who don't build during the building phase. And it could come extremely useful later on in the match when materials are started to get limited for the other team, but your team has got plenty of materials left because of this.