1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Story A user among others - A kag novel by toffie0

Discussion in 'KAG Media' started by toffie0, Feb 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Alright, so basically I've been having these urges to write and write. Instead of writing more for the two novels as I usually do, I felt like writing something for kag. Basically this is kag through my eyes. Which means basically, for those sword art online fans, imagine kag but using the nerve gear. There are added things, for an example a market where you can buy your own at armor, swords and shields, plus clothing and housing.

As for servers, it's basically a map instead with servers as areas. The housing is in sandbox.

Guess you'll see as you read it, please mind it hasn't been edited, nor do I know how many chapters I'll do. I have drawn from real experiences in kag, so many of you guys can relate. May add it to wattpad with permission if I get it, and if I finish it. Enjoy!

Blurb:

Kag. An abbreviation. King Arthur's gold. When it started? April the eighteenth 2012. Founders? MM and Geti. Who am I? Well...
    My names Red, or Red for short. Before anyone asks, yes I am a girl gamer. No, I am NOT a guy pretending to be a girl. I started kag in Jan the third 2012 . I instantly got hooked. As well as my three brothers. I remember my younger brother asked me once for a guard for his birthday. He was eight at the time. I had to explain to him guards were real people in kag, and you become one, not have them. Dunno what he was thinking...

I have bright red hair with large green eyes. Usually when I join the battle I leave my hair out. Yes, I've had an unexpected hair cut at times, but I prefer it out. My face is round, and I have pale skin, but not ghostly white. Well, I'm boring you. Meh!

Prologue: "I'm a spy!"

I watch the war going on bellow, silently, waiting for someone to make the wrong move to strike. A player comes along joining the on going battle. His class? Builder. I haven't seen him before, and that is saying something considering how long I've been playing for. Plus he has a suspicious vibe about him. Don't ask, after a while you get a feel that someone's going to step out of line. I stare at him, intently as he obliviously goes about his work. Stone block, stone block, oh look his created a tower! Stone block, stone block, break stone block over guys head... Stone block... Wait, guys head! BAM! Frozen. I love my job. No, I don't abuse it. It's a love, love relationship, it's me, myself and I along with my friends, freeze, ban and mute.

Quickly I jump onto blue teams side, only to be teleported to reds. I groan, "auto balance," every admins doom. Again, I join the blue teams side, eager to get away from the blood thirsty, menacing, manipulative Reds. If this was Star Wars, to put it point blank. The Reds are the Sith. You can basically hear it beckoning to you, asking you to embrace the dark side. Not today Reds, I got a team killer to deal with.

"Right," I say, marching up to him. "What are you doing?" My question is followed by silence. I stand there tapping my foot, trying to look as menacingly as I can, which isn't much. Unfortunately. I bite my lip, growing bored era by the second. I can just imagine the clock. Tick tock, tick tock. Finally, he speaks.

"You know what," cue the face palm. Yes of I know what.

"Yes, well, you see, it's kinda the rules. I ask you what you are doing, in case I am mistaken. So please, help me out and just admit it," I say sweetly, in an attempt to get it out of him. By now, the majority of the Blues are here. Great. Don't they have something else to do? Like I dunno, win? Speaking of which, out of the corner of my eye, I see a filthy Red tunneling. Meh, I shrug, not my business. I'm here to deal with this guy, not worry about the everlasting war.

"I am a spy," I roll my eyes, this is getting tiring. The amount of times I've heard the excuse, 'I'm a spy,' or 'isn't it obvious?' It's getting annoying. Along with everyone standing around, it's giving the guy what he wants, for crying out loud! For the rascal Reds to win!

Groaning I say, "Alright, firstly you can't be a spy in this game. Secondly, you don't team kill. Nor do you grief," I say to the guy in front of me. Then I turn onto the crowed circling him as if he was the prey, "GUYS! TUNNELER! HE'S ABOUT TO GET THE FLAG!" Immediately all eyes go towards the flag. The previous, velvety flag. Then, so simultaneously they all turn and race towards the tunneler. Slight problem though. They are all knight. I'm starting to wonder why the scruffy Reds haven't gotten the flag yet, I haven't the slightest clue. Sighing, I give up on them, eyeing the guy in front of me again. He's the reason I'm here. Not to help Blue.

"Alright, promise me not to team kill again?" Everything usually goes like this. Make them promise, give them another chance, then day ban. Log it somewhere, and bingo! Next customer please! When I'm lucky, I deal with three evil rule disobeyers at once. Not my idea of fun, but aah well. I must admit though, spec is rather addicting. No one ever knows I'm there... Unless they check the leader board but still. I'm a ghost. Actually that's kinda creepy, let me change that to God, nup to masculine, got it. Im a goddess.

"I.. I.. Promise..." He whimpers. Poor guy. I've scared him.

Giving him a heart warming smile I say, "alright. I'll give you one more and last chance," it looked like the angels were singing via his face expressions. Too bad it was for the wrong reasons. Almost immediately after I returned to my goddess overview state, he griefed again. BAM! Frozen! The crowed once again piles up near him, now allowing the hostile Reds to climb up the tower. I mentally hit myself, this team.

"What were you doing?" I feel like I'm a tape recorder.

"Letting light into the flag area so we can sun bathe?"

"Yeaaahhhh... With a keg... While being blown up... Think I'm missing the sun bathing thing. Though I get where you get the tan from. I gesture to the destroyed pieces of keg that litter the once grassy area. Now it looks as if a meteor hit the ground.

"Can't blame me can you? I needed a tan to get all the ladies. It's obviously working since you here," I wanted to smack him. Nope, cross that out. I wanted to tackle him, and make good use of my sword that hangs lazily on my hips. Maybe I can do all three then ban him... Wait no, I'll get in trouble for that. Damn. Looks like it's up to my good friend friend, the ban.

*flag taken sound plays*

The whole blue team, who so happens to be watching the griefer, snap their heads towards where the flag is. Well, was. I notice a sad, dumbfounded, lone, blue builder trying aimlessly to repair the flag room. Sorriness fills me. Not because I could help, because the whole team wasn't. Rather they were surrounding the frozen griefer, some pointing at him laughing, some making snarky comments, and some standing silently. Yep, I was sorry that he got the worst team.

Sighing I wave goodbye to the griefer, before banning for a day. Then I hop onto spec resuming my intense staring. Silently, awaiting my next prey.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

@FuzzyBlueBaron oh you 25252525 guess you did get it in the end though

norill, Bruno-Brazuka, Vamist and 3 others like this.
  3. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Can I continue it?

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

"nor do I know how many chapters I'll do." - sounds like a personal project.
    Honestly there's not much KAG fanfic around. Nice to see some :)

Achillios, jimmyzoudcba and toffie0 like this.
  5. toffie0

Rather not, it's kind of my own novel that I'm writing... Your welcome to post your ideas, maybe I'll include them, or create another thread in itself

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  6. kasra345

kasra345 Haxor

This is great :)

toffie0 likes this.
  7. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

your a really great writer. You have given me inspiration to write my own kag story (but with more action and descriptive language). I like to see that you share a passion for writing :) I will start soon, and don't worry, I will include you, among many others in my kag adventure stories 25252525.

8. toffie0

Alright, what's in the first post is the prologue... This is chapter 1. Sorry for confusion.

Chapter 1: People make good pillows.

I stare down at the ground, it beckoning me to come towards it, jumping to my death. I bite my lip watching everyone else mindlessly jumping off as if it's the most normal thing in the world. I am at least twenty four blocks high. The only other way to get down is through the hold in the top of the map. I glance at my brother beside me. He was the games expert, not me. I'm the type that runs away from the boss, he beats it. Yes, I am be sacred of fighting bosses. My red hair whips back into the wind, every time I open the door. This is at least the tenth time I've opened and shut it. Closing my eyes, I jump off the cliff. The air hugs around me, as if trying to reassure me that I'll be alright. It was a lie. A lie I tell you! Never trust air.

I plunge to my death, only to wait for the reload time before my next life, another sacrifice. Sighing, I respawn. The people dressed in red around me hustled and bustled as they went. Some wore shinier armor, others a completely different set all together. The only thing that we had in common? The color red.

I climb the long ladder up the tower again, only to stop at the door. Again, I pause. I guess it's a nice view from here, you can see the other teams base, with their flag safely on top of the tent. You could almost forget that your standing twenty four blocks high. Almost. I glance down, noticing the other knights using a parachute. Wonder how they did that?

Returning to the safety of the tower, behind doors, I open up a browser on the tablet that's provided as you enter the game. My mission was simple. Find the Manuel and therefore finding out how to use your parachute. I search the word kag, and watched the small blue ring circling round and round, signaling it's loading.

Glancing up, while I wait I notice my brother fall to his death. As he goes he keeps making weird movements. Rolling my eyes I go back to my research. He can try as he might, but he wing figure it out like that.

I click open the Manuel and flick through the pages, as I sit cross legged. I'm pretty sure that I, getting some weird looks, but I don't care. Unless if they want me to waste their precious lives. How to use bombs, how to slash, how to shield, how to bomb jump... NO PARACHUTE! Are you killing me! Groaning I decide to ask someone.

Quickly I gesture a guy towards me. He looks fairly burly, but I'm sure his a kind guy on the inside. I opened my mouth to speak, then shut it, before attempting again. I try as hard as I can to make even the smallest squeak but it was no luck. I didn't know how to speak in this game. The guy just examines me, as if trying to guess if it's worth squishing me to a pulp. Slowly, I make my way towards where the tablet it, and look up the Manuel again. How to place blocks, how to shoot, how to collect recourses, how to use quick chat etc. again, not how to chat. Yet, there was quick chat, worth a try. I shrug as I open up the quick chat menu, only to see the most bizarre sentences. Including: 'Your father smelt of elderberries!' And 'your mother was a hamster!' Yeeaaahhh... Think I'm in the wrong section. Again and again, I repeatedly open up the Manuel trying to figure out how to speak or use the parachute. Eventually I give up. It's hopeless.

If I could speak... I grumble in my head as I make my way towards the edge again. Again I jump, leading towards my death, I see the large 98 drop to 97 tickets left. This continued for another ten turns until I finally made it safely to the ground.

Again, I take one step at a time. Except, it was kind of off a cliff this time... Same difference. I feel myself falling, I resist the urge to open my eyes since I know the first chance it'll get, the wind will hurt them. I close my eyes and brace myself for the hard impact. Instead my bottom collides on something more... Squishy. I open my eyes in surprise. I see the green grass growing, Knights fighting with their swords and the ominous blue tower looming before me. Excitement grew on my face. I can grab the flag! Steal it for ourselves! And announce victory! Smiling I look down gratefully at whatever broke my fall, before screaming drawing every attention nearby. I was sitting on a dead body. I don't like death. I bite my lip closing my eyes wishes for the thought and the mental Image to go away. Picking myself up I continue walking. I held myself high, showing my username 'Red' for all to see.

A blue knight approaches me. My first duel! Excellent! I am bound to win! I quickly continually spam jabs at him. 'Hey! That's cheating!' I badly wished to shout, alas I couldn't due to not knowing how. How was he cheating? He was using a shield. He then stepped back, held his sword in the air, waited for a bit before using all his might to smash his sword into my tiny frame. Just like that I was dead.

For the rest of the round I graced my team with my grumpy mood. I'm sure they're all secretly glad behind my back. My mood dropped even further as newfound disappointment set in. The words 'Blue Won!' Could be seen above. We lost due to our tickets, I would be lying if I said part of the reason we lost so many tickets was because of me.

Sighing I leave the game, having enough for my first ever match. I close my eyes and take deep breaths calming down, before going off to do something else.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    mcrifel, Vamist, jimmyzoudcba and 4 others like this.
  9. Monkey_Feats

Monkey_Feats Bison Rider Tester

Omg Toffie is a QT :heart:

10. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

I might do the same, but about that KARPS (King Arthur's Roleplay Server) project; actually been writing a crappy novel of it for the past 6-7 months but I might start making it public. :O

With Toffie, you and I all writing at the same time there'd be three individual stories going on coexistent. <-<

jimmyzoudcba and Achillios like this.
  11. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

sounds really interesting :)

12. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

K :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 3, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 3, 2016 ---
    lol
    I'm writing mine too XD
    but mine is more like a dystopian - cyberpunk one with KAG ;D

SJD360 likes this.
  13. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

this stuff is really great, and very inspiring. Guess i got to write another KAG creepy pasta... >:D muhahaha

14. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

You managed to make a somewhat boring scenario very enjoyable. :thumbs_up:::):

One thing that confused me though was how you said "His" when I thought "He's" would be the word to fit, is this intentional or just a little bouquet of oopsy daisies??? :oops:

15. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

We should create a Writer's Clan. >:D

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  16. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

You could create a writer's social group :)

EDIT: I found this group, @SJD360

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    jimmyzoudcba and SJD360 like this.
  17. toffie0

xD yeah, I write these at night, usually around midnight... To one am...

TO ALL THOSE WISHING TO WRITE THEIR OWN, PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY WORK, i.e. The World ( in this case it's the whole market place, homes are in sandbox, and the servers are a map). KEEP IT ORIGINAL.

Saying this because I know someone will, and it is very painful and annoying to the writer that came up with the ideas seeing others get the credit for it. Not saying anyone has, but yeah. Writers know what I'm talking about.

18. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Still better grammar than me when I am fully awake. Keep up the great work :heart:

toffie0 likes this.
  19. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Does this include KARPS, since it's in somewhat the same world as KAG (Plus magic), don't pull a FineBros on us and trademark everything KAG related. c:

20. toffie0

xD Na, I just don't want people copying my whole story etc.

an_obamanation and SJD360 like this.