1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ability to fall through ladders

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by epsilon, Sep 21, 2016.

?

Would you like to see these features implemented?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

As the title says, I would like to see the ability to fall through ladders while not pressing the 'W' or 'S' keys.
    It sometimes gets annoying when you're trying to go down a small tunnel but you're slowed by ladders.
    This ability will only work if you're not already on a ladder - so if you're on a ladder and let go of 'W' or 'S' you won't fall.
    Or possibly there's a way by, for example, double tapping either 'W' or 'S' you drop off a ladder.

Also can someone explain why it takes so long for you to grip onto ladders if you're falling from a high distance? This sometimes causes me to completely miss the ladder and fall to my death.
    If this is a small bug or something I would also like to see this fixed.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    GoldenGuy likes this.
  2. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

ladders are meant to slow you down so you don't spam them mindleslly, also to prevent stuff like missing ladder press W while falling, helps in most of cases, hum

3. asger75

asger75 Haxor

but what if you want to not have to press W or S to stay on a ladder,
    ... Cuz I'm not gonna constantly hold a button or anything...

4. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I'm sorry but no, just no.

5. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

The block costs 10 wood and is the easiest thing to break for the enemy soldiers. I really really really dont get the point of the giant speed nerf.
    Putting in this low effort to reply, you might aswell have just checked the box no in the vote.
    I always assumed it was like a stomp. At a specific velocity you wont be able to grip the block(imagine people getting 4 heart dmgs for hitting a block but just mindlessly gripping to a ladder). If you feel like it happens too often that could be something worth discussing.

6. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

It's not a bad idea. Another way this could be done is to have "S" remove ladder support, so the lazy archers who want to play with one hand and jerk off with the other can stay still if they're not holding any buttons.

As for the gripping lag, that is pretty annoying. I don't think it's intentional because it heavily depends on your latency, and I don't think it should be intentional either because ladders are one of the few ways to break a fall and losing that functionality would be a shame.

7. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I explained this in the initial post :down:. If you want to climb up or down a ladder initially you'll need to tap either 'W' or 'S' and then you'll be on the ladder.

It's inconsistent. I sometimes grip onto ladders while falling and other times i just miss them. It is especially annoying on CerberosRift - when you fall down the centre, completely miss the row of ladders across the bottom and fall to your death.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
Mods: Rainbows