1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

About Autobalance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadowor, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

This has been an issue for almost every player. I see people continuously swapping teams, rage-quitting, crying for it and so on. If they succeed to swap back from the unfair balance, another player will suck it instead. The worst is when you just destroyed the enemy's shops, buildings and so on. Someone leaves and you ruined your own stuff.
    What if you spend a certain amount of time on the server, or get enough point/kill and you are immune to auto-balance for that round? The effect lasts for that round only, and if one team loses badly and rage-quit, the other team can just easily finish off the otherwise spawn kill situation.
    What do you think guys? Good idea or ruins the game? How much time/point you should have to stay in your team? 10 minute? 20 kill?

2. I do think Autobalance should be biased towards players who have more recently joined the server. I also think there should be a change in priority if they have already been autobalanced, to prevent them being balanced twice in one round.

Porti, Klokinator, TeQaS and 4 others like this.
  3. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

Fuck autobalance.

Porti, Blue_Tiger and TeQaS like this.
  4. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Boo hoo we have to fight fair fights

Porti, norill and Chukka like this.
  5. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

It depends. When you did a lot for your team then you have to fight it that's not really fair. Most of the time they end up leaving. It won't be unfair, since if someone leaves another comes. The ones with balance immunity won't turn into an OP pro.
    The priority system which LordReudh said is a good idea, simple and effective.

6. Beelzebub

more like "fuck this I have to fight for the team whose base I just trashed because they all quit"

7. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

>joins server
    >within 3 minutes blocks their doors as builder and build a tunnel near their flag
    >get killed and swapped
    GG just fucked my (new) own team

8. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Beta isn't that bad. Classic was horrible with the auto balance...

9. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I definitely agree on well-established players on each team becoming permanent members for the remainder, that's a great idea.

10. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

BOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

11. Beelzebub

good thing nobody gives a shit what you think

12. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Nobody ever switches teams manually when it gets to 3v7. I don't think I'll ever understand why people care so much about whether they win or lose this game. I don't think there is any problem whatsoever with autobalance. It would be better if it was biased towards newcomers, yes, but not much. It just really isn't that big of a deal.

I for one am quite fond of autobalance. So you spent the whole game building cool defenses? Good, now you get to test out your defenses first hand! Haven't you been wondering what life is like for those blue people? Think of it as a change of perspective! Don't your fingers get tired from holding left to get to the action? Well now you can hold right instead, give that ring finger a rest.

One thing they do need to remove is all the green "unbalanced teams" spam in the chat. I guess I can understand the need to notify (and annoy) people that the teams are unfair, but why does it have to fuck up the chat? Just have a big floating box, like the votekick one, but without buttons! That would be even better.

13. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Yeah but my defenses that I built before I swapped will suck because I am the only one on my team who knows how to repair a structure

14. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

Personally I don't really mind getting swapped. The thing is if you drilled the tower, destroyed shop etc. you lose your mood and start from scratch. Yesterday I got swapped 3 times in 10 minutes.
    Others were also crying, leaving and that chat spam is very unnecessary.
    "OMG 9v6 we gonna die! Better spam the chat, that will teach them!"

15. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

The problem with that is you can't see the screen, people complain about the votekick one as it is. An endless message floating on the screen that NEVER goes away, because people don't swap? The end of the world.

It would just be more effective if auto-balance swapped people SOONER. Instead of 20 messages and 10 minutes of waiting before a swap, just swap them within a minute or so. At least then you don't get swapped only to find the game is over because the team 5 players up has already won...defeating the entire purpose of the system.

16. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

It swaps the player who dies first after it is unbalanced.
    Today it happened again, I join the server, collapse their tower with a keg and I get balanced...

17. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah this shit pisses me off. Honestly, I wish it wasn't even there. It just pisses everyone off and delays the inevitable. Obviously, if I do rush their base, cause a shitton of mayhem, and die right after 2+ guys cry and leave, I'm the one to get swapped. It makes no goddamn sense. Instead, just let the teams be imbalanced, my team will steamroll (Ha! STEAMroll! Get it? It's because Kag is... on... Steam now... fuck it) the enemy team, the round will end, and we'll move onto the next round where people will be swapped around again and teams will be balanced. Additionally, if people leave on a team making the team imbalanced, all new people joining go to the weaker imbalanced team.

Enough times of people ragequitting and leaving their team to die, maybe people will get the idea that ragequitting fucks the game balance up and they'll learn to not ragequit.

However, by far the shittiest SHITTIEST side effect of autobalancing is that fact that it encourages minecrafting. Don't wanna be teamswapped? Don't die! Stay in the back of the base where you're safe and build a dumb chicken house or some shit.

18. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

pretty much what I said too, damn annoying shit.

19. Beelzebub

Autobalance/scramble teams at the beginning, and add new players to the team with the fewest members, but take out the forced teamswitch.

20. That assumes there is a constant flow of new players joining the server. If a server is gradually emptying, there would be an unbalanced game until the end of the match.

epenow likes this.