1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[accepted] finleymars

Discussion in 'Archive' started by finleymars, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. finleymars

finleymars Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni

Which continent are you from?
    • North America - USA

How often do you play?

Basically every day. Sessions vary from half and hour to however long a match of gather or captains takes

What times are you usually available (Please answer with your timezone)?
    PST-Pacific Standard Time. I am available anywhere from 3:00 to 10:30 pm on weekdays(although I am often available more often, that is the bare minimum). On weekends I am available for 2-5 hours a day anywhere from 12:00 to 10:30.

[Which well known servers have you had admin on before? (if yes, answer the following sub-questions below as well)
    Did you simply get admin because you are a friend of the owner?
    How long were you admin?
    Was your admin status ever removed and if so why?]

I have not been admin on any notable servers.

Do you have any recommendations from guards or server owners or other notable people?
    If so, ask them to post here

I feel as though these are a few people who know my attitude in kag ,irc, and mumble: @rymcd @Fellere825 @makmoud98 @Potatobird @PanduhsFTW @Vampire @ParaLogia @dual_chiecken @sangfroid @Yagger

Why should you get admin and what makes you a good admin?
    I think I should get admin because I am involved in the kag community. I'm not saying that playing in a bunch of Gather and Captains matches makes me a key part of the fanbase, but I am saying that as someone who really enjoys the game I want to make it an enjoyable experience for everyone else. I am very capable of being polite and keeping my cool, and I have seen other admins make decisions often enough to know what exactly is expected of anyone with the position.

Any other information you think might be relevant?
    I am almost always in mumble when I'm playing kag, so I am accessible to anyone there. I accept all friend requests on steam so I have quite a web of kag players instantly available to chat with if need be. I am also perfectly fine with quitting any match I'm currently in to deal with reported problems on another server.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    icemusher and Kazaco97 like this.
  2. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

+1
    Bas is a smart kid that's always nice to others, I think he could handle it no problem.
    Most people his age would easily be trolled to hard or crack under a grey situation but he's a really calm person always. In mumble we have jokes going to far and a lot of users have gotten upset at one point. I've never seen someone get under his skin even after being teased badly.

He lacks experience but I think he's one of the rare cases that would do fine without it.
    The rules are pretty clear and there's always multiple admins on mumble for him to consult if the rules don't really cover the situation well.

Bas It'd be helpful if you started playing a little longer though. Most the current admins aren't active and that's why more are being scouted. Besides that I think you'll do a fine job because I'm not worried about you abusing at all or making a bad decision.

3. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Any time that I've seen him, he seemed pretty cool.
    Didn't explode on his absolutely moronic team as some of the best of us would.

Also, with him already being a part of Mumble, it seems that it is the perfect learning environment, even without previous experience.

+1

finleymars likes this.
  4. finleymars

I think having admin would definitely encourage me to play quite a bit more often and for longer sessions. I haven't been as active as usual lately because I have been into some other games, but kag is definitely something I love to play.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  5. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Willing to learn, open-minded, and charismatic; important traits for any admin. On the contrary, previous admin experience could be beneficial. Moreover, even though you are already very accessible, hoping onto the #Kag IRC channel occasionally would be a minor plus.
    NOTE: The reason for a lack of detail in this arises from the matter that I have little experience with Finley/Bas. Furthermore, I tried to be as unbiased as possible when typing this.

For the moment, I have to say ±0, due to the reasons listed above

UPDATE: I change my vote to a +1 as I have seen Fin on IRC recently, and on KAG as well. Follows through with what he says

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  6. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

+1 without a doubt, he's awesome, very mature, and nice to be around. The only things I can say about him are good things, he would make for a fantastic admin.

7. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

After playing with him more, I've changed my mind, his activity is growing. He's always been a nice person and is definitely admin material. +1

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  8. finleymars

I have played with you quite a bit...I actually remember playing with you a few days ago. Either way as stated in my earlier response to Jiggy, I plan to start playing kag a lot more again. Terraria 1.3 pulled everyone away, including myself.

I will definitely hop on kag irc a whole lot more, Im just getting back into the swing of things after a Terraria spree

RampageX likes this.
  9. +1 the only fin i'd ly

finleymars likes this.
  10. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I feel you man that terraria update is great. Fixed my response. ::)::thumbs_up:

finleymars likes this.
  11. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. KAG Competitive League

I can't say I've played a lot with Bas, but when I have he has never acted irresponsibly or lost his cool (even after a cheap kill or stupid glitch in gather). And whenever I've been in mumble with him, he has always been super respectful and is very friendly. With a little more activity, Bas will be a fine admin that many players will look up to, and rightfully so. +1

finleymars likes this.
  12. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Stop editing the thread name to include your nick there in parentheses. If you want to tell people under which they know you - put it in the first post.

13. finleymars

Oh, very sorry. I thought that is what was meant in the stickied thread that explains how to format the application:

Thread title MUST follow this format:

Code:Your_username (Optional: Your_in_game_nick_if_different)

So let's say that you're username is Arnold but you go by in-game name Terminator, then your thread title would look like that:
    Arnold (Terminator)

14. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

+1 chill active player

15. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

+1 good player and would make a great admin

16. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I'm going to accept this application even though there weren't many people responding here. I expect from you much more activity on servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.