1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[accepted] Potatobird

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Potatobird, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

• Which continent are you from?
      • North America - USA
    • How often do you play?
      • A couple hours daily, sometimes more
    • What times are you usually available (Please answer with your timezone)?
      • Eastern Time (EST), online in the afternoon/evening on weekdays, for most of the day on weekends (usually)
    • Which well known servers have you had admin on before? (if yes, answer the following sub-questions below as well) Did you simply get admin because you are a friend of the owner?
      • None really, unless you count Last Kings ctf, where I probably got admin because the owner knew my username. Private servers tend to have plenty of active admins.
    • How long were you admin?
      [*]Was your admin status ever removed and if so why?
    • Do you have any recommendations from guards or server owners or other notable people?
    • If so, ask them to post here
      • I've been around in mumble for a while with some guards / admins, and I think there are probably people out there who'd recommend me. Also some people in my clan, if they count.
    • Why should you get admin and what makes you a good admin?
      • I'm fairly active, and I think well known, both in game and in IRC / mumble. I'll try to keep a pleasant environment while trying not to use/overuse admin powers, and be there for anyone who needs help in IRC. I'm also generally a calm, patient, and reasonable person. Mostly I'd just be happy to help out ::):
    • Any other information you think might be relevant?
      • I have recording stuff all set up, and usually play KAG with it so that I can press a button and catch the last minute or two on video without having to constantly record, if that's ever necessary.

(#potatobird2014)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

+1 woodfuk

3. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Sounds like a political campaign;+1

4. Potatobird

I forgot to put the hashtag in front remove the 2014 part...

Oh well, I'll go with it. Potato for admin 2014 :thumbs_up::blue:

Dargona1018 and neil58 like this.
  5. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

+1 Friendly and mature

6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

+1 Not met in-game (to my memory), but demeanor displayed on the forums is fair favorable re: keeping things running on a server.

7. +1 doesn't abuse

RampageX likes this.
  8. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

+1 because;

9. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

+1 very nice and understanding

10. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

+1 Is good guy who isn't afraid to ban griefers.

11. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

+1 I love this guy and I know anyone who got to know him would to. He's the kind of person that's always in a contagious good mood. He wouldn't be a push over either, he knows right from wrong.

Potatobird likes this.
  12. Spuds

Spuds Tree Planter

+1 Though i have yet to see Potatobird permaban anyone. I expect a harsh stance on kag crime from my politicians.

icemusher likes this.
  13. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

+1 has nice hair

Potatobird likes this.
  14. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

+1, like this kid

15. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

No permabanning for griefing. That shouldn't ever happen. Only permaban acceptable if for cheating.

That said, what is your experience with admining? Do you know who to do it? @Potatobird

16. Potatobird

Well I've never been an admin before, like I said, but I think I get the idea.

Seems to me that most of the time admins are just dealing with griefing, whether that's banning obvious griefs, or trying to determine if someone is just new to the game if it isn't as obvious, usually by switching to their team and asking about it, freezing them if necessary. They're also there to keep the chat clean at some level, but I wouldn't try to intervene there too often unless it was really getting bad, if there was a big nasty argument or flaming something like that. And of course hackers and spammers need to be banned. Otherwise, I guess they just warn people to not do bad things.

But if you were just wondering if I could use rcon commands and stuff then yes, I can do that.

icemusher and kodysch like this.
  17. +1 cool dude

RampageX likes this.
  18. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

+1 good guy, very mature.

19. +1 Great experience with him

20. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Dood has sexy voice, is a calm fellow, and is very nice and collected. Good choice if you decide to choose him.

PanduhsFTW likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.