1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Add bots?/player limit

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by bobsterman123, May 24, 2012.

1. bobsterman123

bobsterman123 Shipwright

I've been working on a simple game mode and its been going fine until I wanted to add enemy bots... SO I made it so it only added bots to the 2nd team, and had a higher spawn limit. But, how do I make it so team 2 has a set player count of for say 10, all of which have to be bots how would I make this change?

2. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I think this setting might be contained in either 'gamemode' or 'team 2'
    I'm in my iPod so I can't really check.

I deffinetly know this is possible because this is executed in attack and defense.
    So don't take my word, take it from someone that knows, go into the sub-section 'modding' then 'gamemodes' (I think it is called that) and download the zip, attack and defense that is, and look at the configs.

Hope this helps, have fun.

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Do you mean that you want team 2 to have different LIVES than team 1, or that you want ONLY bots to be able to join team 2 (and only 10 of them) and only players on team 1 (more than 10 at times)

You can do the former in the team2.cfg file.
    The latter cannot be done as no difference is made between players and bots and which team they can or can't choose. If you put more bots than there ever will be humans on team2 you won't have to worry about it though with auto team assign.

This can b done however only if there are more bots than players, for example if your server will hold UP TO 30 players, you want to have at least 31 bots on the other team.

Ghozt likes this.
  4. bobsterman123

bobsterman123 Shipwright

Well simple I want to make a gamemode for offline, basically you versus 15 bots, more tweaks for resources and HP but thats besides the point

5. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Go into your KAG folder, typically stored in your 'C' drive.
    Type 'sword' into the search, you then want to click the GM file called 'swordfight' mine is stored under maps? Anyway open the file with an application like or similar to notepad, scroll down and you will see something like,

addBotX( 1, 1, "Henry");(Just a sample)

Replace all of that section with the text in the following spoiler.

addBotX( 1, 1, "Henry");
    addBotX( 0, 1, "Henry");
    addBotX( 1, 1, "Henry");
    addBotX( 1, 1, "Henry");
    addBotX( 0, 1, "Henry");
    addBotX( 1, 1, "Henry");
    addBotX( 1, 1, "Henry");
    addBotX( 0, 1, "Henry");
    addBotX( 1, 1, "Henry");
    addBotX( 1, 1, "Henry");
    addBotX( 0, 1, "Henry");
    addBotX( 1, 1, "Henry");