1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

addBlob frustration.

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by crisslion, Dec 7, 2012.

1. crisslion

crisslion Catapult Fodder

Hello, last couple of weeks i have been playing around kag dedicated servers and still my brains aren't useful enough to figure out why only addBlob command doesn't work. All other commands work fine, like waterLevel(); and addBot(); and banning, freezing etc. I tried on 2 pc and now on linux, same thing.

When I get on the server, I login as rcon admin and then tried:
    • /rcon addBlob('keg','Entities/Items/keg.cfg',50,50,1);
    • /rcon addBlob('keg', 'Entities/Items/keg.cfg', 50, 50, 1);
    • /rcon addBlob('Keg', 'Entities/Items/keg.cfg', 50, 50, 1);
    • addBlob('keg', 'Entities/Items/keg.cfg', 50, 50, 1);
    first three returned only rcon echo and the last one didn't return anything(Tried all variations with letter casings and / and \ slash, " " and ' ' ). Curiously this:​
    • /rcon addBlob('keg','Entities/Items/keg.cfg');
    still returned the same echo and no action. Only when there were a bad syntax console spew out a lot of errors. I am completely confused, more so because I have typed in all the examples from numerous other posts about zombie spawning keg spawning etc. etc. and all just echo out the same thing I typed in. I start to think I have caught some kind of curse from all those griefers that I have verbally sent to the doctors office to implant some brains and remove manly parts. :oops:
    Additional info:​
    • gold in game config ENABLED
    • modes tried: zombie, ctf, fullCTF.
    • Tried from same pc as the server is on and from laptop that connects to linux server.
    • Problem harder for me than fighting bears while solving discrete mathematics problems.

2. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's ` not ' ;) and the file is named Keg.cfg, not keg.cfg

/rcon addBlob(`keg`, `Entities/items/Keg.cfg`, 100, 100, 1);

crisslion likes this.
  3. crisslion

crisslion Catapult Fodder

My pixel mind is blown :eek: , there is that kind of string encapsulation, Those little buggers almost cost me my pc :skull: , must unlearn c++ and buy monitor where i can see the difference.
    It worked perfectly Thank you! You are the best! :thumbs_up: