1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Afro Frog

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Verrazano, Jul 12, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Afro frog is game straight from the KAG community its self. Made as collab between yours truly and @Skinney over 4 weeks; is a game about a dancing frog with an Afro. Great description right? There might be magic, a spaceship, a feudal empire and some hardcore rock involved to but you'll have to play it to find out.

The game is free to download on itch.io: http://verrazano.itch.io/afro-frog

franek123, kittycity, rymcd and 13 others like this.
  2. sangfroid

sangfroid What is your raison d'ĂȘtre? Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Everyone should experience the wonder that is Afro Frog.

3. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

[​IMG]
    mfw
    Anyway, great job on this game guys :D Playing and loling hardly

Vampire and Verrazano like this.
  4. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Love this gif.

PUNK123 likes this.
  5. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

I just finished it, and I have to admit that I loved it !
    10/10 would play it again.
    well done Verra and Skinney u made an extremely funny game ::D:

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Very glad to see this finally out haha, gratz guys

7. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Oh hell no

8. Was Afrog even considered? Hope to see more from you baddies.

9. JaytleBee

JaytleBee Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

Some feedback:
    • The delays on keypresses are ridiculous. I lost some dance-offs just by pressing the buttons too fast o-O
    • You can't skip the text when fighting a frog twice. This got so annoying with the blond frog, I had to write the last dance down (
      left up down up down right left up down right
      )
    • Flying in space is horrible. I couldn't remember the dances (The game never taught me to remember anything for longer than 5 seconds) and just had to press random buttons until the flight was over
    • If you win against the blond frog before fighting the king (which is something you're likely to do since space travel is so tedious) you can't actually fight the king
    I really liked the game but I there's lots of room for improvement

10. Verrazano

Yea of course, At the end I decided it was better if people just wrote the moves down. (hence why it's in the itch.io page and forum posts).

I tried to make the space travel as easy as possible only 4 directions per move. And it made you do the moves with the spaceman frog first and then again. Hopefully so you'd have a little bit of memory of it. + I made the super easy fire laser ;) ^ ^ ^

We definitely realized that people can only remember about 5-6 directions max in one go.

With the nega-fro vs king I also decided it'd best to make multiple ways to beat the game. Unfortunately I guess that means you can't face every frog. You can mod the king frogs parameters so he doesn't have any requirements before battling him if you don't want to go through the game again ;).

And yea I learned a lot from making this game I think the biggest issue besides I guess some of the technical gameplay stuff was just gathering enough half way decent cc0/cc-by music.

As for the gameplay. It was kind of realized to be bad, since maybe a few days into having the memorization being the dance mechanic. But we were cbf to change it and just wanted it to be about the silly frogs and art really. which is also why we nerfed a bunch of the harder dances.

PUNK123 and Chukka like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi