1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Air Defense Tower

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by TerryDactyl, Feb 18, 2012.

1. TerryDactyl

TerryDactyl KAG Guard Tester

Maybe not so much against catapult fire, but enemy soldiers seem awfully intimidated by this particular general arrangement of spikes...

Attached Files:

Alkaine and Noburu like this.
  2. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

I remember seeing that tower before.

3. Miggles

Miggles Shark Slayer

The problem with complex arrangements like this is how unuseful they are.
    Nobody can remember the correct spacing between each spike pillar and what not. It's good defense, but maybe too good in a way that you can't replicate it.

4. TerryDactyl

Oh no, no need to be precise. But it is best that it is shaped in such a way as to 'catch' incoming hostiles, preferably to force them onto other spikes as they attempt to ascend or descend from the landing zone.

5. Miggles

Miggles Shark Slayer

I had figured the entire point was that it was worked to an exact science and was meant to be the most effective way of stopping assailants.

6. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

As far as air defense, I haven't found anything better than these.
    My Tower edtied.png
    The red circle is some floating corner spikes, you take 1 damage if you're sliding along the wall, so a bomb jumper will get hit by these and go into a death fall.

The blue circle is to make sure they will die, because they will be rubbing along the wall and more corner spikes will kill them in one of BC's 3x3 traps.

If you didn't want to put up a flat wall I'm sure those would probably work. These corner spikes are probably the equivalent of an Air Blade, except much cheaper. :)

FuzzyBlueBaron, BC and TerryDactyl like this.
  7. TerryDactyl

Ah, thank you killa, but I'm going to stand by my design. You win points for technical merit, but this here is one flippin' cool build. Aside from the maze of spikes to contend with, this packs more archer stations into a smaller space, was simple to repair, and having multiple paths of ascent, resisted very easily the one or two attackers who managed to land on that little perch the archers are shooting from in the screencap.

It worked pretty well, and it looks flippin' wikkid to boot.:sword::D:flex:

FuzzyBlueBaron and killatron46 like this.