1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Analytics

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Vania, Oct 16, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Vania

Vania Shopkeep Stealer

The Devs should add analytics to the game, it would help a lot with balancing.

It would be interesting to know stats like how much damage a knight/archer does per minute.
    How often do people die in a sawmill.
    Which items are used the most. etc...

2. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

Don't remove the fog of war.

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

what

4. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Almost all the answers would be skewed because server population and how long the people have been playing KAG. In a large server, there would be a lot more damage dealt and every value would be high. In small servers, (2-3 people per team) almost nothing seems to be happening.

5. Vania

Vania Shopkeep Stealer

That doesnt matter, averages are still useful.

6. Auburn

useful for what? The data is so different and cannot be repeated. You know science right? if an experiment cannot be repeated it is deemed unreliable.

7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

While it would definitely be imperfect I think all sorts of really useful data could be gained. Some trends would be really apparent- like a feel some time ago MM fudged up the netcode a bit and some time recently he fixed it. I can't substantiate either claim since there's so much variation in my personal experience but if we had even rudimentary statistics you could compare the standard deviation of KDs between builds- lower SD would mean that there is less of a KD difference between good and bad players, which would suggest skill has become less of a factor due to bad new code.

Guitarman likes this.
  8. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

9. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Quit the one liners/spam already, okay? :huh?:

bru-jaz likes this.
  10. Vania

Vania Shopkeep Stealer

Lol! What?

We're talking about gathering statistics about the game here.
    You now statistics? It's a field of mathematics :)

11. Auburn

Science is mathematics applied to the universe around us (physics and chemistry mostly) and how the universe behaves and operates (and if it's an organism, it's biology). So I know statistics, it uses math and equations, but really statistics is the way we organize data, and we try to find trends in it. "Statistics is the study of the collection, organization, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data.[1][2] It deals with all aspects of data, including the planning of data collection in terms of the design of surveys and experiments."(wikipedia) it is the STUDY OF the collection and all this stuff A field of science is really just the study of that field. SCIENCE!!!

and what I'm really trying to say here is that we cannot analyse nor interpret the data we would receive from KAG unless it is only the data for one specific person.

12. Vania

Vania Shopkeep Stealer

Thanks for enlightning us all with your science.
    I'm just going to stop arguing with you because you're clearly like... twelve years old.
    But I wish you well and I know you're going to be a great scientist some day.

13. Auburn

A) the stuff I got from wikipedia was to support my evidence that Data we would get from KAG really doesn't tell us anything other than personal stats.

B) calling me 12 is the best insult you have?

14. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

How about replacing the Kills to Deaths ratio with Damage Done to Damage Taken?

It'd be a hell of a lot more reliable information than KD, since you can stab someone even after your buddy has repeatedly reduced his health after he ate a burger.

15. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

@Vania and @Auburn this is what you guys look like:
    [​IMG]
    But seriously cut it out.

Auburn: your definition is wrong. You can still get stats even from a small population if it's consistent. In fact population itself can be a parameter for statistics. Maybe catapult usage has a positive correlation with #of players on the server. 2ndly, you clearly miss read it. He wants stats like How much damage does the average knight do per minute vs the average archer. That's 1 knight compared to 1 archer, not All the knights compared All the archers.

Vania: just an fyi, I doubbt it'll be added as a vanilla thing unless someone makes a nice script that Geti/MM can implement

@SirSammy stop posting spam.

Galen likes this.
  16. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I've actually suggested this to Geti a few things and each times he's said that if I (or someone else presumably) makes something, he'll put it in the game.

17. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

he said "what?" because you randomly brought up fog of war in a thread that started about gathering statistics, you nignog.

Apronymous and Guitarman like this.
  18. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Resurrecting this thread because having statistics would be great.

Having a TF2 styled system that tracks kills/deaths would be nice, but it has been discussed before and doesn't matter that much. However, implementing a system where you can see class time used, kills with specific items, which items you have bought, and so forth, would be awesome.

Yes, it would take a lot of work and I don't know if it would be worth putting the time into, but it still would be nice.

19. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Why do you add something if you're not even sure that it'd be worth it?

Pizza likes this.
  20. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I am not the one who makes the game, so I don't know how much time and effort would be needed to make this idea work. The time it would take to make this could be spent on more important things.

No harm would come from adding this to the game itself since it is just statistics. It all really is just dependent upon if the Devs and Testers think it has a high enough priority to implement.

No use in ruthlessly backing something if the Devs don't to put forth the effort to do it.

Mods: Rainbows