1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Other Angelscript syntax highlighting for Kate 2

Angelscript syntax coloration for the Kate text editor

1. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

AsuMagic submitted a new resource:

Angelscript syntax highlighting for Kate - Angelscript syntax coloration for the Kate text editor

Read more about this resource...

truejeta, norill and Cohen like this.
  2. JaytleBee

JaytleBee Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

Who's Kate? Are you cheating on me? :QQ::QQ:

3. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

Neat job, but most people use SublimeText, so why not create an Angelscript package for it instead?
    I mean it would be more practical (for people such as myself) and it would get more attention than this unknown Kate, I suppose..
    If you're not willing to do it, then I might do it instead (at some point?).

4. Asu

It exists already.
    Kate is not much known because it's largely born as a Linux-only text editor. I use it because it's free and open source (unlike ST, which will spam you to request you to buy it), is pretty quick and does everything I expected from a text editor I'd use for script editing. When I have two such equivalent options I choose the open one.

Cohen likes this.
  5. Asu

AsuMagic updated Angelscript syntax highlighting for Kate with a new update entry:

Fixes, integers, TODO

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. GoldenGuy

GoldenGuy Haxor Tester

how to install it?
    :(

7. Asu

Depends on your platform. On Linux you just drop the xml file in ~/.local/share/org.kde.syntax-highlighting/syntax, no idea about windows.

truejeta likes this.