1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

animals...

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by debruynvince, Jul 28, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. debruynvince

debruynvince Builder Stabber

well, for one, sharks probably need to be toned down a LOT. this happened, and it took 20 or so arrows and a ton of sword swings to kill.
    pro tip: never put them on land.

I just think all the animals that have health bars should be looked at again, and balanced.

Attached Files:

2. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

I would have to disagree with this, you attempted to take out a shark by yourself. In a full match of 30-60 players, a lot of people will be attacking the shark at the same time. If you toned the shark down, it wouldn't even count as a deterrent. It would be this mildly dumb entity that can be killed easily and rewards you with a lot of healing items.

I see the shark right now as a barrier for teams keeping them from reaching the middle of the map early on in the game, forcing them to research techs that can help them get past it such as knights and larger boats.

Regardless of all this, if you really wanted to, you could always just change the shark's health yourself inside your configs.

KAG-Beta\Base\Entities\Natural\Animals\Shark\Shark.cfg

Inside there find the line:
    f32 health = 10.0

And change it to whatever you want.

link6155, Guitarman and keyofdoor like this.
  3. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

They aren't barriers really, get one knight to distract it while the team swims across the ocean, and then he can just swim away. If they were barriers they would move a bit faster and not get blocked by the shield, meaning you get torn apart if you try crossing without a boat. Also, knights are available from the start, so you don't have to research anything really to get past these "barriers".

4. cschm49

cschm49 Shopkeep Stealer

I had the same problem i'll upload my picture later

5. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I think it's reasonable that sharks take quite a while to kill solo (unless you die first). Considering this game focus more around online gameplay, making the shark's health points lower would only make them too easy to kill.

6. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Out of everything that needs to be changed you pick sharks and buffaloes? the only problem I have with them is when map-makers put them in front of the door to your hall

Mods: Rainbows