1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG annoying thing with banning...

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by skelozero, Mar 16, 2014.

1. skelozero

skelozero Catapult Fodder

TL;DR: banning bans the internet connection instead of the user

ok not to shure if this is the right place to post this but i have discoverd a possible problem with banning... ok lemme explain. see my brother is an idoit and followes me around alot so of course when ever i go on a KAG server he follows me usual not a problem unless its Aphelions roleplay server... because he is an idiot he always ends up getting kicked and banned for a day (or how ever long the bans last for) when he is on the server wich is usaly when im on. Now to the problem i think the ban dosent block the user it just blocks anyone thats connected to the internet connection to be denied acess till the ban is lifted and because he is my brother and where in the same house using the same internet i then technicly get "banned" as well so yea no more Aphelions rolplay server for me...

is there any way to stop this from happening? (sorry for word wall :/)
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 16, 2014, Original Post Date: Mar 16, 2014 ---
    alos adding on to this is there any way to make it that when im on a server my brother cant join the same server im on? thanks

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Instead of banning by Ip address, ban by username. Which im pretty sure is possible, since i did it an hour ago to some greifer on CTF.

3. skelozero

im not the one kicking him its using the vote kick in the pause menu i cant change if it just bans the user or that internet connection

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator

Well maybe ask the devs to make an option where you can kick them via their name instead of IP

5. skelozero

so like the owner of the server?

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator

No the developers of KAG @Geti @MM

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Honestly I'd rather have someone votekicked _not_ be able to rejoin on a different account and continue trolling immediately, and the karmic justice exacted by the older siblings of griefers that get banned symultaneously gives me a certain level of satisfaction as well.

UnnamedPlayer and lavalord like this.