1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Another version of this product is already installed

Discussion in 'Help' started by roman117, Nov 7, 2013.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. roman117

roman117 Catapult Fodder

Hi, I just bought King Arthur's Gold from the kag2d website, but when I go to the "downloads" page and try to install the windows version, I get an error that reads this:

"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use the Add/Remove programs on the Control Panel."

I downloaded the game once before I bought it, and that was simply to test it out. The game continuously crashed in the tutorial so I decided to just go into the place I installed the game and delete all the files. But when I try to install it again, this message appears.

Help?

2. roman117

roman117 Catapult Fodder

Seriously? It's been like an hour since I posted this and nobody has even clicked on my thread.

Why even have a help board if nobody even attempts to help you?

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

... Give people time, most people come here to discuss, not to watch the help board with an eagle eye.

You'll have to go to "uninstall programs" (windows 7 screenshot from start menu, just type "uninst" into the start menu: http://grab.by/rQOs ) and uninstall the previous version. Just deleting the files won't clean out everything, that's why uninstallers exist.

@Shadlington might be something to consider changing/fixing in the future, if he's removed the files the installer should at least pick up where it was installed.

4. roman117

roman117 Catapult Fodder

"King Arthur's Gold" or "kag" is nowhere to be found in the uninstall programs window. There isn't even anything that begins with the letter K, it just skips from J to L.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

:/ Not sure I can help then, you might want to email support with more info (or use the contact form if you cant be bothered emailing).

6. Geti

(if you have steam, it may be an option to just request your steam key and try to use steam to install it)

7. roman117

roman117 Catapult Fodder

I tried to use my key on steam but it keeps giving me a purchase error.

8. Geti

I think you may be using the wrong key then, but either way I think it would be best for you to email support, sorry I can't be of more help.

9. roman117

roman117 Catapult Fodder

I can't be using the wrong key, because I copy and pasted it.

Also, I contacted support, but they haven't replied yet.

Hopefully it won't be like steam support where I get a reply two months later.

10. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

By 'wrong key' he's referring to how you have a regular KAG key and a separate Steam key - the Steam key is obtained by logging into your account on kag2d.com and redeeming your Steam key in the control panel.

As for the install issue, I have no idea. If it doesn't show in add/remove programs then I have no clue what can be done - deleting the files wouldn't have removed it from that list so I've got no idea why it wouldn't be there.

(I assume that 'uninstall programs' as described by Geti is the same as the 'add/remove programs' list, right? Not on Windows atm, can't check)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey