1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Antman's Map Pack!

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Antman, May 27, 2012.

1. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Hey everyone, just sharing some maps I've made, fell free to use them on your server! :)
    I would enjoy getting feedback from you guys, if you like them I'll continue to make them.

Maps With Effort!
    Mountain Ruins
    Falling Parkour
    Home Page Map
    Sunken Ship
    Click them! :D
    Not bothering with images as they are very basic, you can easily see what they are without an image :)
    Map1.png

Map2.png

Map3.png

Map4.png

Map5.png

Map6.png

Map7.png
    Any suggestions or feedback is welcome, thanks :D

2. Creille

Creille Base Burner

you've got some smexy maps there ;) i like number 4 :D
    they on your server yet?

Bunnyboy and The_Khan like this.
  3. Hawker

Hawker Bison Rider

i love the fifth one ant it is so fun to play

4. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Ok, nice maps just a few things for your future maps;

Try and make some more of your maps non-symetrical, but keep them balanced, notice the dev maps included in the KAG files are all non-symetrical?
    It varies your combat and make combat great!

I can't view them but just from the look of them the look like RTDM maps, but they are to big.

If you get what I am saying, try and make more natural maps, with dirt, bedrock, stone ETC.
    I fond they look better and they just seem to play nicer, if you want to see a great map maker, have a look through Contrary's maps, one of his maps are in the KAG files. (Contrary's abyss or something like that)

So these maps are great, but maybe make a few simpler maps, that don't contain massive falls ETC.
    Just for some variety, hope this helps man and remember, this is constructive criticsm so don't take this personally, happy map making, keep up the good work.

123Antman123 likes this.
  5. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Yay, criticism! (Not joking)

So..
    • Non-symmetrical
    • Smaller
    • Natural
    • Simpler
    Sounds easy enough, I'll check out them maps you suggested and use them 'rules', and I'll come back with 3 or 4 and see what they're like :)
    It would be great if you could come to my server sometime soon and play on them!

And Hawker, the 5th one is probably my favourite too! Glad you like it :)

Ghozt likes this.
  6. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I wasn't saying to build your maps how I said.

I was just saying to put a bit of variety in their.

Probably my most important rule when making maps is to have even-sided non-symetrical maps, and your maps will be fun to play on, that's all that matters.

7. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

These are great Ant, I hope you make more and you'll be seeing me on your server pretty soon! :)... If I'm welcome.

Ghozt likes this.
  8. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Of course you're welcome :P

Thanks for the advice Ghozt, and yeah I get what you mean, I'll continue to make my maps how I want but I'll be thinking of those points in the back of my mind :)

Ghozt likes this.
  9. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

The maps may look big, but they are the perfect size for rapid death match.

10. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Sorry, I apologise, I couldn't view he maps for some funny reason.

Just some tips in your presentation Antman;

You are only allowed a certain amount of files in one post, so I suggest uploading your image to an image hosting site, I use imageshack for mine.

Also, you may like to put each map in it's own spoiler, if you don't know how to do this, go into the tab at the top called 'help' and the how-to is listed under BB codes.

Just going on for what I have done for my Map pack, I also wrote a small analysis on each map, and maybe what some of the inspiration was, it just helps server owners pick and make there maps easier if they now how the map works and it's functions.

Last thing, some if the forum mods are trying to promote the lovely website (I think shad made) called 'KAG stuff' these guys (and I) would appreciate it if you uploaded you maps there for reviewing and ratings ETC.

Once again, sorry about saying incorrect stuff according to your map sizes.
    ~on my iPod

11. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Thanks again Ghozt, I was wondering about spoilers :P
    I'll fix it all up tomorrow ..

Ghozt likes this.
  12. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

Fantastic server Antman.

Though it does have a little more lag than most, it's the best Australian RTDM at the moment.
    And congratulations on the map pack.

13. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

I think the .png is cooler than the actual maps :/ The stone structures look ugly in-game. Great work though, I understand how tedious map making is.