1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[ANY]Crab's BETA maps!

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Crabmaster, May 11, 2013.

1. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Hello all! Today I decided to start creating some maps! (So far only TDM and one CTH map) And hopefully should have some more soon! Every map I will make I'll try to test for any major issues before posting, and will fix any issues you might find!

Team Death Match maps:

Crab's AirFortress!
    CrabAirfortress.png
    screen-13-05-22-21-31-32.png
    Secondary version in-case the first one floods too much!
    CrabAirfortress2.png screen-13-05-22-21-31-59.png
    The Crab Arena!
    CrabArena.png
    screen-13-05-22-21-42-41.png
    Crab's Underwater Base!
    CrabWaterbase.png screen-13-05-22-21-32-17.png
    A Crabby Bounce House!
    CrabBounce.png screen-13-05-22-21-33-16.png
    Super Smash Knights Mod maps:
    (Need tested and will be edited as the server owner wants!)​
    Crab's Arena with 1000% More Spikes!
    CrabArenaM.png
    screen-13-05-22-21-30-55.png
    Crabby Ninja Poles!
    CrabNinja.png
    screen-13-05-24-15-03-09.png
    Top of Crab Castle!
    CrabCastletop.png screen-13-05-23-17-44-53.png

Capture The Halls maps:
    The Valley of Crab!
    CrabValleys.png
    screen-13-07-28-20-55-16.png
    screen-13-07-28-20-55-26.png
    Crabmaster's Rift!
    CrabRift.png
    screen-13-07-29-15-07-51.png

Crab's Fort Fights!
    (Two already constructed castles that all you need to do is add onto!)
    CrabForts.png screen-13-08-01-10-42-29.png screen-13-08-01-10-42-36.png

All maps are free to use on any server!
    (Don't forget to contact me if any of these maps need updated of if you want to request a map!)

Asu, nkChehov, Gurin and 11 others like this.
  2. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Wow, That's really cool ! I'm making maps atm too :) Hope to see more. :D

3. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Nice job man, hope to see more ;)
    I love when TDM maps look great!

LadyHawk likes this.
  4. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Played on it and it's amazing :) But the ladders don't work or are they there for decoration?

5. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Ladders from .png maps aren't working at the moment, so they are just there for decoration, I assume :)

Crabmaster likes this.
  6. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Yeah, i figured that out as well when I was making a test map :p

Antman likes this.
  7. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Thanks for the feedback guys! And yeah, the ladders are just for show, though I made sure they'd still be useful if they get fixed!

I posted a new map BTW! Hope you like it! It is a bit more simple than the last one but still effective!

Hawxx likes this.
  8. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

The first map reminds me of the Zelda landscape Super Smash Brothers on the Nintendo 64. ;) I love trampolines, but you be high. Nice integration of water, just keep testing it. Also am I correct in saying that you tested to see if the entire building collapses from bombs and such braking individual blocks?

9. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

I haven't been able to collapse the whole building, but I have had issues with single platforms collapsing which I am debating how to fix without making it look weird! (though it is TDM so normally the map isn't there long enough for it to matter) I did have to do some work to fix an issue I had with the spawn collapsing every time you changed classes!

lavalord likes this.
  10. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Any map with Crab at the background is ok!

11. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Hey everyone! I have made 2 more maps and updated my existing two to work better/fixed a major collapse issue in the flying fortress one!

Hope you like the new ones! And I hope to make some WAR maps soon!

Hawxx likes this.
  12. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Oh my god :eek: The maps just are just getting better and better. I need to make a map again sometime :p

13. lavalord

These are some nice TDM maps. Only real concern I have is with their size, they seem a touch large. I would remove the doors at the base as they can promote camping. Say one red player goes afk inside, the blue team would have to spend what would feel like hours bashing in.

In the bounce house you could leave a couple of platforms without trampolines (maybe the 2 second level ones) for some non air combat.

Hawxx and Crabmaster like this.
  14. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Yeah, these are my largest 4 maps, all other TDM maps I make after these will be smaller and probably a lot less complex! Just wanted to get all the ideas I had in mind out first!

Also, I might remove the doors at some point in the future if enough people think I should, but for now I don't see them used for camping all that much when I play, while at the same time preventing Spawncamping. I'd rather have people camping in their spawn than people spawncamping their enemy, as that has been a major issue I have had in TDM matches! Heck...some people have a mindset as if the other team deserves to be spawncamped, and I don't like that! (also I don't think 1 AFK would be an issue, as normally games have more than 1 person on each team, plus there is always the match time running out)

Also also! Thanks for the feedback on the bouncehouse, I might edit that sometime tonight! It was more of a silly map, but improvements are welcome!

15. lavalord

True but with the new build there is a 3 second spawn immunity, so camping the enemy has been reduced heaps.

16. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

I just saw that! So that might actually be the deciding factor on me getting rid of them!

Also might update all the maps to have the trader, if possible!

17. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Probably I need to make my maps bigger then :( Since both maps of mine are sort of small-ish and are weird as well xD
    Is there a color for the trader?

18. lavalord

Check out the palette thread for the colours.

19. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Ahh I figured the trading post colour already out so it's fine but yeah, I use Gimp so maybe I could make a tutorial ;)

20. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

All maps are updated to have traders and to be altogether more fun and less buggy!

I have also added 2 maps I just made/remade to fit the Super Smash Knights modded server! Hope they work!
    </br>--- merged: Jul 29, 2013 1:08 AM ---</br>
    Hey guys! Sorry for the doublepost but I am finally back and going to make more maps! And update any maps that need updated... Anyway, I made a Capture The Halls map with 5 halls and some interesting landscaping! Hope you enjoy!

(can anyone edit the name of the thread to make it "[ANY]Crab's BETA maps!" for me? There doesn't seem to be a feature to do so...)

Hawxx likes this.