1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Archer movement and animations are awful : (

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by crackwise, Aug 3, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. crackwise

crackwise Shipwright

Hi everyone, yay my first post on the forums!

IMO how the archer aims the bow for instance is very awkward in Beta. It looks as if it is from a cheap flash game! Regardless of where archer aims, top or bottom, his torso always faces unrealistically straight (horizontal) ahead. Only his arms move in an arc in the game and this is the main reason of the stiff, awkward current animation. However, in reality an archer's torso should also bend. Your arm always makes a near 90 degrees angle with your torso when you shoot.

Other than this, I also think that the arrows now look rather ugly too. Especially when a bunch of arrows are shot and stick on the same block, it is a strange sight. I don't know but the Alpha character movements, and especially the archer and arrow animations were very good, much more professional looking at least. But, I love KAG and have faith in developers that they will eventually address these issues!..

Cheers,

Crackwise

2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I agree with the aiming, it really does look cheap. The torso should twist around a bit more, not be so unnaturally straight. Same goes for the head, I think.

3. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

I too agree, especially in regards to the arrows. They are abnormally thick imo.

4. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

I agree. I do like how running in all the characters is a bit quicker but I have been hoping that the aiming from classic would transition to beta. The red circle that fills up in classic is very helpful when shooting arrows and is quite a bit tougher in beta. I hope the devs change this also.

5. copper40

copper40 Casual Misogynist

Sheek, you took the words right out of my mouth on that one. I've been having a lot of trouble playing as archer because of this.

sheek likes this.
  6. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I agree that the archer aiming looks like a flash games, but now other people can see exactly where the enemy archer is aiming, remember in classic when an archer would point his bow down and 8 knights would all shield up? Now we know where the archer is aiming

But I do agree that the torso and head should twist

Mods: Rainbows