1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Archers get three hearts in TDM

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by NinjaCell, May 6, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Before anyone asks: This is TDM only.

I don't have any issues with health in CTF or TTH, however in TDM it becomes extremely hard for archers to do much against a competent knight. I've already made a thread that solves the problem with fire arrows not counting as kills, but archer still have one major disadvantage.

In order to kill a knight you need to slowly whittle down his health while dodging his attacks. Get hit once you're dead. Again, no problem here. That is until the knight purchases some burgers. Using burgers and hearts from each kill a decent knight can kill an archer numerous times without a chance of dying. The only way a archer can survive a knight is from a jab, but even then you are very lucky.

Archer vs archer combat is also over too fast and its pretty much just a triple-shot-speed contest. With the deviance in legolas, the three arrows are unlikely to hit the target at anything other than CQC, so three hearts will lengthen this too. Right now there's a slight upset in the combat speeds, knight vs knight is medium, archer vs knight is extremely slow and archer vs archer is usually over very quickly.

If archers had three hearts they would be able to survive and use burgers properly. This might be a large buff, but I think it is necessary as archers lose a lot of potential in TDM. They can't retreat to a tower and there will be times they have to go solo after their teammates are killed. This does not affect their damage output and arrow spam is less of a problem in TDM anyway, so I think this would work quite well.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
    Auburn likes this.
  2. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

I applaud your thinking. :thumbs_up: Let there be hearts!!!

3. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

3 hearts would be fun within a TDM/FFA setting, played around with it in an FFA mod once, and it worked out quite well.

4. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Isn't burgers a bit expensive? Or is it just me that thinks fish and grains are 10x better... ::D:

5. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

TDM is how I stay sharp for CTF. Give me buffs in just TDM and I'll get bad.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 7, 2014, Original Post Date: May 7, 2014 ---
    I can take knights on fine in TDM in low numbers. Once it gets busy, I lose all my kills to knights and my score plummets. If anything, TDM (and other modes) need to care about more than K/D for score.

Mods: Rainbows