1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Asymmetric Maps!

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Theodore433, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Theodore433

Theodore433 Arsonist

There are many fine maps out there, but too few of them brush with the idea of asymmetric design, not just in macro placement of terrain, but in the dynamics of objectives, resources, and other elements. I have posted three below that I had originally made for the Necromancer mod. They have been tweaked slightly for CTF matches. They might end up being disastrous in execution, but regardless, I think asymmetric design is something I would like to see more of.

Anyone else have any maps that they think fits this odd category?

EDIT-12/18/15: Under Pressure got a much needed tweaking, making the shipwreck with gold slightly more elusive, and giving the Reds a much needed relocation that will help to counteract their lack of siege / tunnel building capability in early to mid game. Further refinements will occur if anyone ends up using them on a CTF server, since these are practically untested in that game mode.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    MadRaccoon and AmestriStephen like this.
  2. ThE_HeRo

ThE_HeRo Bison Rider

These are lovely. Which mapmaker do you use?

3. Theodore433

Theodore433 Arsonist

Adobe Photoshop CS6. I simply save the idea as a .png in the maps folder then play it in sandbox, write down needed changes, quit KAG, update the .png, reload, etc.

ThE_HeRo and AmestriStephen like this.
  4. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Amazing maps, nice job! :3