1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Website Attack/Migration Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hello everyone!

We are suffering ongoing attacks against the Game Servers, Site, Forums, and API. Most of the time we are able to cope with these attacks, but sometimes a service will be down temporarily. Please be patient, and try again at another time.

Most recently the site (kag2d.com) was down for about 12 hours, and while the game was playable for most of this time, downtime is never good. Our new host has been working very hard on keeping everything running and updating our aging site codebase.

If you are unable to log in for an extended period of time, or if other players are able to get in but you are not, please get in touch directly with support@thd.vg or use the official contact form.

We are working on hardening our services against these attacks! In particular we do have general DDoS Protection for the site and most ongoing DDoS shouldn't be an issue. However, some attacks and exploits can still bring the site or services down temporarily and we are working with our host to mitigate these as they come to light.

We are still unsure about the reason for the attacks, but they certainly seem dedicated to causing us grief. Thank you for bearing with us through this trying time.

Cheers,
    Max

(Steam version here with more text addressing the current state of the steam discussion forums)

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

From @jrgp as a well-timed bonus, for anyone wondering about the USA servers:
    Trust me, we're as frustrated as you are. :/

3. Keep on the good work guys. No hurries, priority is to get everything stable and operating! :heart:

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  4. Geti

API was down for a little bit, it's back up now. Sorry for the disruption!

RivetSpawn and Osmal like this.