1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Authenticating with Steam

Discussion in 'Help' started by MagicalPotato, Aug 13, 2016.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. MagicalPotato

MagicalPotato Builder Stabber

So basically when I launch the game through Steam it keeps saying "Authenticating with Steam" forever. The same thing was happening yesterday. I couldn't play KAG yet just because of this thing. The client works good though without any issues when I log in with my free account, always. Only Steam version never works. What's up with it? The Steam version works for everyone else, but never for me.

2. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Making a note here:

I tried to help this guy on irc, but couldn't. It doesn't seem to work even when it's working for everyone else.,suggesting it isn't the issue that everyone's thinking, wise.

3. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hello,

Do you have any sort of firewall/anti-virus installed? AVG/Kaseprsky and some others are knonw to block KAG from connecting to our servers.

Can you reach api.kag2d.com?

4. MagicalPotato

MagicalPotato Builder Stabber

I have an anti virus, yes. I disabled it to see if it will work, but it didn't help. It just keeps telling me that:
    Code:
    Cannot connect to API
    Cannot authenticate at this time (status: APICLIENT_REQUESTSTATUS_OTHER_ERROR).
    (Additional info - (getSteamIDCheck) status 1)
    every 2 seconds for half a second, but I managed to screenshot it quickly and read it.
    Also yes, I can reach api.kag2d.com.

5. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Same thing happening to me too. It works fine if I use the stand-alone version of KAG tho.

6. Furai

Yeah, I've done teamviewer session with @MagicalPotato and we just used standalone.

7. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

So it must mean that something is wrong with Steam.

8. Furai

Nah, Steam is ok as well. It's probably because of DDoS protection not letting through certain kind of traffic.

9. Super_Sutener

Super_Sutener Catapult Fodder

I bought kag just secong ago on steam, and have the same problem, can someone help me?

I disabled antivirus and firewall, but its still not working.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  10. Furai

It should be fixed now.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey