1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Authentication failure/Login

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Eden, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Eden

Eden Galen Slayer Donator

Hi, I'm a KAG player, i've been playing for atleast 7 months know, today i got disconnected from all server's, i tried too find some, and none loaded, so i quit KAG, and started it back up, and when i tried too login it had the error

I have a good internet connection, i was playing perfectly 30 minutes ago, i've tried deleting the version.txt so it auto updates it's self, but that hasn't worked, i'm sure that re-installing it won't too.

Please halp! <3

3e0jUn likes this.
  2. Erex, trust me. Reinstall KAG and see if it works now. Because Version.txt only makes the KAG reread the files to be correct. If it's corrupted or smth, then just reinstall will do the job :)

3. Eden

Eden Galen Slayer Donator

I re-installed it, re-downloaded, then re-installed it again, still happening..!?

!!!

4. 3e0jUn

3e0jUn Catapult Fodder

Check if the issue is located in the Known Bugs section of your current build. Else mail it to the developers or something.

5. alpharo7

alpharo7 Catapult Fodder

Hi, i've been experementing recently too, when i try to login, it shows me:

Code:
    Authentication failed; the authentication server may not be functioning properly.

Please go to https://forum.kag2d.com or e-mail support@thd.vg if the problem persists. Please include the details below:
    ZCurl Error in getMyInfo(): SSL connect error
    Any reasons? thanks in advance

P.D.: my friends can login normally and play, the problem is mine.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 3, 2013 5:18 AM ---</br>
    Ok, i found my problem after a while (for a couple of days i said good bye to Kag thinking i would never find the solution without reinstalling the whole system, but here i am xD)

In my case, the problem was caused by Eset Smart Security, more specifically, i had to disable the Protocol Filtering over the kag executable (and other apps suchs as firefox since my eset got aparently corrupted or something : P)

This is what i did:

_Open Eset Smart Security Main window
    _Press F5 to access the advanced configuration
    _Go to "Internet and email" (or whatever..., don't know how it is called in english, i'm from argentina : P)
    _Go to "Excluded applications" (again, whatever it is called really)
    _Add KAG.exe to the list

Until now, my game logins perfect, i hope this could be useful in the future, thanks for the atention!