1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows autoupdate_ignore.cfg and autoupdate_ignore_custom.cfg not working

Discussion in 'Archive' started by JacKD, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

Category: KAG Client
    Operating system: Windows (not sure others OSs)
    Build number: 762
    Description: After an update, the files listed in the autoupdate_ignore.cfg and autoupdate_ignore_custom.cfg still get replaced.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Change the contents of a file listed inside autoupdate_ignore.cfg or autoupdate_ignore_custom.cfg (e.g.: mods.cfg)

2. Let KAG update
    3. mods.cfg will get updated even though it is listed inside autoupdate_ignore.cfg or autoupdate_ignore_custom.cfg
    Screenshots/Videos: None

kaizokuroof likes this.
  2. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

I thought something felt off.

Autoupdater is such a jerk

3. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I tried to reproduce this making sevaral files called cookie.cfg all over the kag folder and added cookie.cfg to autoupdate_ignore_custom.cfg. None of these cookie.cfg files were removed. So I cannot reproduce this at all.

4. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

My mods.cfg keeps resetting to the nonsense below despite the file being listed in autoupdate_ignore.cfg

Code:
    # Add mods (directory names) from /Mods directory to be used by this game
    # use line breaks between mods eg.
    # SuperNintendo
    # MyModXXX
    # BestModEvr

kaizokuroof and JacKD like this.
  5. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

hmm yea that's weird, autoconfig.cfg doesnt reset. So is it just mods.cfg that's not working?

6. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

mods.cfg was the file that made me realize there was a problem. I assumed that, since it's contents got replaced anyways, then the whole autoupdate_ignore/custom thingy was broken. Mods.cfg is already in the original autoupdate_ignore and adding it to the custom one doesn't help.

Assuming that was more reasonable than thinking only mods.cfg was the problem, so I went with that. Maybe it was only mods.cfg

kaizokuroof likes this.
  7. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I guess this needs more testing - Bumpity for all testers to check this - Regular players are more than welcome to test this as well and report back with results.

Cheers.

8. i confirm that autoupdate_ignore.cfg and autoupdate_ignore_custom.cfg doesnt work in builds prior to 844 (will test 844 later [just checked, still doesnt work in 844]). the reason why downburst was unable to reproduce is that autoupdate doesnt check custom files (only the ones in App/version.txt i believe), so new cookie.cfg would not be affected.

9. SnIcKeRs

SnIcKeRs Bison Rider

I have the same problem. But I know how to solve this problem: make file read only.

kaizokuroof likes this.
  10. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Reported into bug tracker (with work around as per snickers instructions)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.