1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

B907 - Chicken update!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Oct 11, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

First of all we gathered feedback after the last update about tutorials and improved them a lot. So this update is mainly about better tutorials. If you have a friend that just couldn’t get into KAG have him play the new tutorials, we can see if we can get him on to the KAG side now :).

Second, we added these lovely creatures into the tutorials as target practice (I think it’s cruel and I regret doing it).

[​IMG]

You can also find them on regular maps. Chicken can be farmed because they lay eggs. You can eat eggs for health. Also you can use chicken to create your own chickenwaffe or luftchickens or in other words your very own:

FLYING CHICKEN DEATH SQUADRON

Because by holding a chicken you can float and jump much farther especially combined with shield gliding. Imagine a team of knights floating knights attacking from air!

[​IMG]

Third, some very useful changes and tweaks, please read the changelog.

Have fun,
    MM

Changes b904-b907:

[added] zoom to cheat sheet

[removed] motion in fixed camera

[modified] keg doesn't take action 2 any more - allows shielding when holding keg.

[modified] only 50 coins and no carry over (by default) in CTF - see CTF_Trading.as for config options (should be moved to .cfg file tbh)

[added] both "rock" and "stone" are the same predefined gib

[added] warning for unknown "predefined" gibs
    [added] dummy target practice to tutorials
    [added] added chicken

[modified] tweaked parallax backgrounds

[modified] double slash is a bit easier to execute

[fixed] sign and fireplace in front of player

[added] mapcycle can use just directory instead of .cfg (sv_mapcycle = Maps/Challenge/Tutorials)

[added] new princess

[modified] archer cursor has one more frame (smoother animation) and a better indication of legolas shot ready

[modified] esc key icon is more legible (no overlapping glyphs)

[fixed] archer aiming cursor-arrow discrepancies

[modified] arrow launches slightly higher allowing to shoot easily over 1 block when standing next to it

[fixed] various fixes and improvements to tutorials

[fixed] typo in turtorials

Original DevBlog post.

NinjaCell, miniu, Beef and 14 others like this.
  2. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

[modified] keg doesn't take action 2 any more - allows shielding when holding keg.

I could hear people crying about not wanting this, but here you go, it's worth testing.

3. I didn't see how chickens making people able to float farther agrees with physics.
    Then I realized KAG physics. Yeah man.

What about making intelligent chickens we could order around? That would be great! Not much still go on beta compared to classic though.

4. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Strapping explosives to chickens and letting them run at enemies.

Guitarman and Galabranth like this.
  5. Why did the chicken cross the road?

NinjaCell likes this.
  6. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

To blow up the enemy penis tower.

NinjaCell, Beef, DrZaloski and 11 others like this.
  7. windwizard999

windwizard999 Haxor

ooo, I wonder if the new princess is Geti. :P and also, (maybe i missed this), but if keg isnt action 2 anymore what is it? space bar?

8. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

My princess Get died when necromancer shot some orbs, then the necro got stuck and I jabbed him to death then threw princess Geti's corpse off the tower.

9. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Does this mean that archers can carry lighted kegs and climb with the hook too?

10. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Yep, I just tested it in Save the Princess mode. Nice speedo btw, Geti ;)
    I'm really digging the new reticle animations as well. Also, Explosions no longer make me crash. :smug:

11. NovasDream

NovasDream Catapult Fodder

oh god.. ... it fuck all constructions ?
    CTF is like team deathmatch now ?

12. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

You still have to build defend the flag. So far all the servers I've been on have unlimited lives, so it's not really a deathmatch.

13. Robinskie

Robinskie Drill Rusher

Why has this not been modified for mines as well?

Love the chickens by the way!

Hawxx likes this.
  14. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

The only thing I find annoying about the mines is how you can't disable them, when they are thrown into your base between your shops, it's impossible to get rid of them without them exploding and destroying everything, builder should be able to walk up to them at the distance where you can't trigger them and disarm them causing the mine to become yours, or cause the mine to turn into rubble.

15. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

If you're really careful, I find they are not to difficult to get rid of. You just need to get close enough to jab them, then after a couple jabs
    they 'disintegrate'.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  16. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

You can disable them with 2 slashes from decent range. The builder's pickax has enough range as well. The only problem is that when they too the knife away from the archer, you can no longer disable mines as one. The knife was able to before, but a grapple doesn't help that much with it.

17. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Thanks for the info, I simply never saw anyone do that so I assumed it does not work, they usually blow up.

18. Seladur

Seladur Catapult Fodder

Cool!!!

i'm going to test this new feature right now!
    [​IMG]
    ::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:

19. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

It also agrees with legend of zelda physics. SO, we shouldn't be able to abuse chickens, else we would have an angry swarm on our hands right?

20. Ramsis

Ramsis Ballista Bolt Thrower Donator Tester

So, make chickens spawn more in numbers for a map so when the lone archers decide to be douchebags and kill the chickens a builder can easily grab one and hide it for growth? That or make a shop so we can buy chickens because nobody seems to actually get one now.