1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

badthread

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Canadian98, Jun 23, 2012.

?

Xbox 360 or PS3

1. Xbox 360

36.1%
  2. PS3

63.9%
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

canadian made bad threads when he was 12 years old, bad cancer was bad

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  2. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Oh God not one of these discussions! D:
    TBH, I dislike them both. I prefer the XBox as a console, but the PS gets all the really cool exclusives; Anything decent that turns up on XBox is either available for both, of available for PC.

Eggnogg likes this.
  3. The D-Pad on the PS3 controller is amazing purely because its accurate. The Xbox 360 D-Pads are a tad bit iffy. Its not really noticeable, but then you start playing games like Street Fighter 4 where precise movement is needed and the D-Pad is essentially useless. Granted, the thumb-sticks (for lack of a better word :P) work fine, it would just be nice to have an option.

Then again, I'm just a weirdo that doesn't own an Xbox purely to play CoD/battlefield (I'm pretty useless at these games, most of the time), so what do I know?

Anyway, despite this very minor downfall, I still believe Xbox 360>PS3. I haven't looked lately, but the Xbox is more affordable for cheap people like me, is aimed at a more action-orientated crowd and Kinect>Move (not that either are particularly great, for the most part).

Canadian98 likes this.
  4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

- All of the PS3 exlusives are amazing and none of the XBox ones are worth playing
    - All of the game that are on both are 5000 times better on PS3
    - Xbox controller is MadCatz quality while PS3 controllers make angels weep at their perfection
    - PS3 can stream movies from your computer, browse the internet, play Blu-Rays and 5,643,672 other things the Xbox cannot
    - 90% of XBox's get the red ring of death within one week after purchase
    - They make the XBox plastic white using dolphin flesh and baby tears
    - XBoxes gives shrink the size of your testicles 30% just by touching them

XBox is garbage. /thread

DarkHairedIrish, Ej and Rambo like this.
  5. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Both are simplified over priced computers.

Cut out the middle man and buy an actual computer at a reasonable price.

6. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Personally I find the whole "console war and PC master race debate," lacking any objective arguments supporting any sides.

When I was younger I was a hardcore Nintendo fanboy, a friend of mine that was more into PC challenged me. He said that PC was better for all these amazing reasons. He brought up graphics, customability, exclusives and everything else he could think about. It was almost as I was in the wrong for enjoying Nintendo products. What followed was a time when people argued about what system is superior to each other.

The raging fanboys from all sides drove me away to a spectator spot. I stopped considering myself a "fan of Nintendo." I find the whole notion of fandom to be silly in its nature. All it does is breed ignorance, people are blinded by their fanatism and are refusing to see any good in whatever company or product that opposes theirs.

Now I am perfectly content at what I have. I have a PC, it is great at what it does. I also have a Xbawks, also great at its job. So is my Wii. It all comes down to personal preferences, subjective matters. These things can't be argued.

I found my friend who kept on telling me how much better his PC was towards my gamecube peculiar. It doesn't matter people.

If you are enjoying whatever system you are currently playing on, then that's it, end of discussion, but why limit yourself? Why have an unhealthy attraction towards a company? I am currently really compelled at buying a PS3 because there are some games that I really want to play on that system.

My point is, all these consoles are good in their own way, go for what you want and not what other people tell you.

Wonkyth and Bookmark like this.
  7. SoundPaint

SoundPaint Bison Rider

XBOX is better than PS3. Why ? MICROSOFT FTW ! X3

WarrFork likes this.
  8. I chose PS3 because free online multiplayer.

9. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

I say PS3 for the above, but i cant say too much else about it because i dont own an xbox.
    (and why would i? if its for xbox, its usually for PS3 too (and vica versa), so there isnt really any reason.)

EDIT:

Oh, and.

DONT GO ****ING FLAMEWAR OVER THIS.
    THATS JUST RETARDED.
    BOTH OF THE CONSOLES HAS ITS BETTER AND LESSER POINTS.

(yes, caps lock is neccesary.)

10. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Halo, Fable, Gears of War, Forza are all amazing exclusives games on Xbox.

Xbox gonna have Internet soon, for the Blu-Rays, all players on PS3 said you have that but not the Xbox, still no one use it (useless thing). Stream movies, you can also do this on Xbox 360. :huh?:

It was fixed since a long time. I'm gonna not talk about the easiest console to hack, PS3.

Well, this is your problem.

An amazing sentence, it's like comments in website who fight about a subject like that and say XBOX FOREVER or PLAYSTATION IS THE BEST!!!

Be hacked.

Still PS3 and Xbox 360 are totally equal. This only depend the style of game you play, the style of a controller you like. These consoles are both good.

Canadian98 likes this.
  11. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

This.

12. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Ok guys if you didn't get it I wasn't being completely serious. PS3 is still the best though.

Real facts:
    Fighting games require the highest controller standard out of all genres of games. Despite XBox's overall higher popularity the vast majority of fighting game tournaments over all fighting games play on PS3.

Blu Ray capabilities aren't useless. I know a lot of people who use that feature all the time, including myself.

You can get almost every XBox "exclusive" on PC.

The way each console is marketed PS3 attracts a more mature playerbase.

DarkHairedIrish likes this.
  13. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

I have a Wii.

14. I have a Nintendo DS Lite.

:D

DrZaloski likes this.
  15. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

I like this old excuse. So, you was simply joking about streaming and ring of death ? You are so funny.

Xbox and Microsoft games for PC are created by the same compagny, it's logic. Microsoft just have the intelligence to make her game on another support to have more players. Sony exclusives games stay only on PS3, nice for PS3 players, not cool for PC users.

Canadian98 likes this.
  16. MechaTrickster

At least Wii Devs don't make their game graphics look like everything is covered with vaseline.

DrZaloski, PenultimatePanda and Ej like this.
  17. MechaTrickster

So you admit it's better then your Xbawx nogames machine.
    Not everyone uses the motion controls

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  18. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Xbox, PS3 and PC all laugh at wii

19. MechaTrickster

Why? Backup your statement or someone do it for him.

20. Metal gear, Uncharted (2,3), God of war (2,3), SOCOM, Little big planet (2), Killzone (2,3), Infamous (2), Gran turismo 5, Heavy rain, Resistance (2,3) and motherfucking JOURNEY! . . . Nigga, please.

DarkHairedIrish and Contrary like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi