1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ballistas can shoot grapple ammo, others can climb up it.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Sponncx, Nov 28, 2013.

?

How does this idea sound?

1. Good

75.0%
  2. Shit added an extra poll

6.3%
  3. Bad

18.8%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Sponncx

Sponncx Builder Stabber

Pretty self explanatory, shops sell some grapple ammo that would likely be very expensive, you drive your ballista up to enemy towers, shoot, and get climbing.

Would have to be pretty expensive, or break from slashing, otherwise it would obviously be OP.

Don't really feel like typing up a whole synopsis of how it would work, you get the idea.

Tell me what you think.

Edit: This grapple would be for climbing buildings, not shooting people.

2. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Who drives their ballista up to enemy towers? Anyhow, it would be interesting but should be introduced as a mod.

3. yea, was actually thinking about this earlier

4. Aeynia

Aeynia Obligatory Mute Girl Donator

I don't think we should trivialize builders any more.

5. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Bombjumping, grappling hooks, ladders, arrow climbing, and just plain destroying the tower or tunneling over it are enough ways to get around a tower as it is, I feel this would be unneeded.

Infact Builders and buildings almost seem to need some buff as it is right now...don't need another n0n-builder related way of destroying defenses.

kodysch likes this.
  6. Aeynia

Aeynia Obligatory Mute Girl Donator

Not to mention that explosive ballista bolts are good enough a tower busting.

Crabmaster likes this.
  7. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I think you are playing builder wrong.

Also, like Aphelion said, who drives ballistas up the enemy base? Seems like pretty hard of a thing to do.

8. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

I like the idea but it would just make more things useless in the game e.g. archers having a grappling hook, although the Ballista blot may be harder to get, knights would be able to climb up them, as someone said before, I think this should be a mod.

Sponncx likes this.
  9. Sponncx

Sponncx Builder Stabber

Solid points, It would probably be better as a mod.

10. JaniKutscher

JaniKutscher Builder Fan Donator

Nah.Explosive balista bolts , is evreything you need for getting into something.You dotn need to climb.

Mods: Rainbows