1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Battering ram

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vig, Jun 11, 2011.

1. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

[​IMG]

Doors and wall won't stand a chance.
    Perhaps the construction of this thing wouldn't be worth it considering that it is possible to just hammer through walls and doors. What if there were giant stone doors/gates or reinforced walls which would take too much time to just bash through with tools? That is where this siege engine would come in handy.

2. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

How do you suppose a battering ram would work in this game? Building the battering ram at the door only to hit a couple blocks in-front of it. I'm not criticizing this I would like to see some sort of anti fortress weapon also but would be hard to use it with your ground being destroyed underneath you. Maybe have like a log that after being frame built by an engineer could be picked up or dropped with "E" and could be carried by engineers or knights after having it built so you could actually have it function better in a siege.

3. Fructdw

Fructdw Shopkeep Stealer

4. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

5. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

I'm thinking about large-scale destruction, not the demolition of a pair of tiny little blocks

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We're likely to implement a ram as a carried object, not as a building - it would be constructed at a siege workshop. That's the plan as of now, anyway, we might make a constructable great ram or something for knocking down a wall in one fell swoop but it would be more fun and more dramatic to do that with catapults and explosives, rams should really just be for breaching.