1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Battle for Wesnoth

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Turska, Jun 15, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Turska

Turska Guest

Battle for Wesnoth is a free, turn-based tactical strategy game with a high fantasy theme, featuring both single-player, and online/hotseat multiplayer combat.

Wesnoth has an active player community which develops the game by adding new features and more content.

You can download tons of eras, campaigns and scenarios which are all free.

wesnoth.org

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

butterscotch likes this.
  2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

This game is pretty coolbut I always get bored of it after awhile. The luck factor makes any sort of losses very frustrating.

butterscotch likes this.
  3. Turska

Turska Guest

Risk management is one of the things that makes this interesting for me. :P

4. Noob

Noob Guest

Some units are more expendable than others and are intended to be used as cannon fodder.
    If you're not used to that it can be very frustrating but hey that's the way it goes in a real war you can't expect to save everyone. The strategy in Wesnoth is deep for such a simple game. While individual attacks are highly random, the overall outcome will be far more based on skill than luck. I admit sometimes I reload a saved game so that my favored unit gets the killing blow, though.

5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I know. I read a lot about strategy on the forums. I *get* the game, I'm pretty sure. Doesn't change the fact that you will often attack from 70% to 30% with a near levelled unit when you only need one hit, only to land no hits and to be killed.

You can perfectly zoc your forces and count spaces and have a good position and calculate risk but it doesn't matter when you have 6 guys failing to kill one Footpad.

Mods: BlueLuigi